Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

This time I did roll my eyes. Gesturing with my hand dismissively, I muttered annoyed, "Pfft...I'm not a little girl, Kate. I'll be perfectly fine on my own." She raised an eyebrow as her eyes ran out on my slumbered outfit. "Besides" I smiled at her, "Hugh's coming home on Friday and I still have a lot of planning to do for Saturday night." I frowned at my last words.

Jeez...Saturday night seemed too soon and I still had no idea on what to do...

Kate giggled in her own peculiar way. She shook her head and pointed me with her index finger, "no screwing around in the kitchen, missy!" A moment later, her blue eyes widened and looked somewhat panicked, she added "Seriously, Em! I know you'll have the house for the next few days and I'm sure that you two are going to be going at it, just not in the kitchen...or the living room...or any space other than your room, please?"

I laughed at her and rolled my eyes for the second time, smiling slyly I finished with "I can't make any promises!"

Kate huffed as she marched up the stairs to get her luggage. I was still laughing over her scared face when I remembered that Scott was away for the week. He had to pass some training test for the army or something and they were keeping him on the military base until Saturday noon. He couldn't even send me a text message...

Bummer.

...there goes the fun...

Scowling at myself, I grabbed the empty mugs and started to clean the kitchen. Kate left ten minutes afterwards and I decided to take a nap before starting my laptop. I knew my dad had sent me some blueprints for some clients and since the office was still not ready, I had to keep working from home. The only good thing about it was that I could still do it in pj's and in a few hours.

As I was settling on my bed, I remembered that Sean was still patiently waiting on his car on the street. Groaning, I grabbed some track pants and a hoodie. After washing my face and pulling my hair in a ponytail, I climbed downstairs. Kate was on the doorway waiting for her cab. As if on cue, the black car arrived and she beamed at me saying goodbye in the process. She was pretty excited to get an assignment so soon. Being a journalist was her dream and she was on the process for fulfilling it. I smiled back at her. I was really proud of her.

Still smiling, I crossed the street. Sean stepped out of the Land Rover looking absolutely handsome. He was as usual on a grey suit and I momentarily wondered how many suits did they guy have and how much he spent on dry cleaning them. I shook my head as he was watching me amused at my spacing out.

"Hello Emily, how are you?"

Blushing, I smiled at him, "Hi Sean...listen I wanted to tell you that I'm staying home today and that I don't think that you'll need to stay here. I'm sure you've got better things to do than this" I gestured with my hand somewhat embarrassed.

Sean frowned for a moment. "I don't mind staying here, Em. It's my job, after all..."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him, "I know it's your job, Sean, but seriously I'm getting ready to take a nap and I don't feel comfortable doing it while you are here freezing to death."

He chuckled and his grey eyes travelled all over my face. "You do look tired..." he trailed. After almost two seconds, he nodded "ok. I'm going to go, but if you need anything, here's my number." He handed me a white name card with his cellphone, "and I mean it, Em. Anything at all..."

Smiling, I grabbed the card and straightened before waving goodbye, "I'll see you soon Sean, I'm sure!"

He shook his head before getting inside the car, "If I'm out of job by tomorrow, you'll have to hire me yourself, though..."

"I will, don't worry. And even if I don't, I'm sure Mom will!" He blushed at my words before sticking out his tongue at me. I cracked at the sight before crossing the street. My bed was starting to scream my name.

I loved teasing Sean about Mom. They weren't a couple or anything like that, but I had caught a glimpse of how he looked at her from time to time when we were together and I had my suspicions on Mom liking him back. She was really shy around him. So even when they hadn't properly interacted with one another, I was sure that something could happen there.

I should definitely play cupid! I chuckled to myself as I opened the door to my house. As soon as I closed the door, I practically ran to my bed while taking the hoodie and tossing it away as I climbed the stairs. As I snuggled in bed, I relaxed thinking about Kate's words.

I was making a fuss out of nothing.

A strong pain on my left leg woke me up alarmed. Cursing, I jumped out of bed and started rubbing on my cramped leg. Looking around my room, I found my phone on my bed stand, but it was dead.

"Great" I said sarcastically. Huffing and groaning I finally found the phone cable to plug it in. Looking around my room, the place seemed like a tornado had hit there. My usually clean and organized room had clothes scattered all over the floor and one even hanging from the lamp next to bed. Angry at myself for not putting away all the things before, I started to clean up my room when the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting someone, so I ignored it, but it rang again and again.

"Ugh" I passed a hand through my hair in an attempt to make it more presentable and strolled down the stairs to open the door. I didn't look through the small glass that the door had on the top. If I had, I would have probably thought about opening it or not. As it was, I simply opened it and was left unwelcomely surprised at who was at my door.

What the hell is he doing here?

"What the-"Shit. Don't be so rude!  I cleared my throat. "How can I help you?"

Blue eyes watched me amused, "can I come in?"

"Ok." Reluctantly, I opened the door to let him in.

"I feel so welcomed here" He added sarcastically.

"Yeah, well..." Damn it girl! Be polite! "Do take a seat" I gestured with my hand towards the living room.

"Thank you" He smiled slyly at me.

Would this be considered something that I should share with Sean?

I shook my head. I don't think so.

Mark didn't seem like the dangerous kind.

I think.

___________________________________________________________________

What can I say?!

I love cliffhangers :)