Chapter 14

"You and me, we got this."

Camille thought that the Virgin Islands just might be the most romantic place in the world.

She lay on a beach towel spread out over the pristine white sand of a private beach.  Her dark skin soaked up the rays of the sun as it beat down overhead.  She'd never sunbathed in the nude before.  It was a very liberating experience.
Just not as liberating as getting rid of the last remaining supply of wolf juice.
Together, she and Richard had shot the serum down the drain while the water ran from the tap to make sure all of it washed away.  Then they had wrapped the syringes up in a terry cloth dish towel and Camille had beaten them to dust with a rolling pin.  Richard had winced at every swipe, but told her to keep going when she asked.  So she did.

They had talked for hours after that, about him, about her, about what this all meant for them together.  They had decided that what they needed most was to get away from everything for a while, and discover each other.  She had expected to go to New York or maybe even Canada with him, something like that.  She'd been surprised the next week when he had his limousine drive them to the airport where his jet was waiting to take them here.  He'd arranged the whole thing and somehow neither of them had to go through customs at all.
She'd complained that she hadn't packed any clothes for the trip.  He'd smiled and told her she wouldn't need any.

Now, he rolled over next to her and his hand smoothed its way down her chest.  His fingers slipped one by one over her nipple, exciting the sensitive flesh there, before he moved down her tight belly.  She watched his light skin moving over her dark flesh, and she knew that their differences weren't going to keep them apart.  Not anymore.

When he reached her hip she arched her spine into his touch with a smile. 

"Careful.  You might start something."

"That's the idea," he said to her.

They hadn't had sex.  Not since their last time when he had become a wolf.  That night when he had brought the serum over to her to ask her to help him get rid of it, she had wanted him so bad that she could taste it.  But he couldn't let himself relax enough for anything to happen.  He was worried.  Worried that he wouldn't be good enough for her without the wolf, worried that he would try to be too forceful with her to make up for his lack of animal strength.  She had held him to her, and let the fires of her lust burn without relief, and told herself that she could wait for him.

She'd waited every night since then.

It was for the best, though, and she knew it.  He had to come off the wolf juice on his own.  He had to be comfortable with doing things on his own, as Richard Marquis, before they could move past it and be together.  Really, truly together.

Now his fingertips crept into her slit.  Apparently, he was ready to try.
She reached down for his hand, spreading her knees apart, hooking her ankles together, and showed him where to touch her.  She made him press his thumb into her clit, encouraging him to rub her there, while his first two fingers went into her and touched her *****

She gasped and squirmed and held him tightly to make him stay right there, right there where that spot was that just drove her insane.  But then he moved his thumb and even though she begged him to slow down and stop, she knew she did not want him to.

Her orgasm was swift and corded every muscle in her body into knots as she pulsed around his hand and he growled in his throat and rolled over on top of her.  He was naked, like she was, sweat glistening on the "muscles of his shoulders and his chest.  His hand held her in place, and she didn't dare move because if she did she might go off again.  He settled his legs in between her, gently moving her feet aside to give him room.