(Dunkim) The Child That Was Definitely Worth It

A/N: Remember that Sjips fic I wrote, 'Why would you do that!?' At the very end there was a small Dunkim cameo mentioning a baby. Yeah that. This takes place a few years later, about 5. Hope it's as good as I had planed. :p

~~~

Nano exhaled softly, switching yoga poses once more to 'downward dog'. Her eyes closed lightly, she hummed a small tune, enjoying her personal time all to herself.

You see, ever since Nano had her baby girl, Starglow, there really wasn't a moment of silence.

Year one was moderately easy, minus the extreme lack of sleep and unusual feeding times for Star. Lalna had a hard time with her powers, since she didn't know how to use them yet and the most random things would happen when she did. One time she grew a pair of flux wings, which they were quite proud of, except for the fact that she would fly in her sleep and end up miles away from home sometimes. Or the other times when she would get fussy and shoot random flux all over the walls.

Year two was actually terrible and they both quickly found out why it's called the terrible twos. Lalna thought it would be smart to introduce Starglow to her Auntie Echo and Uncle Hector, and it actually worked out fine for a while. Auntie Echo would hold her and bounce her up and down a bit, and Star loved it, but as soon as Uncle Hector tried to get close she'd throw a fit and shoot flux his way. Which wasn't very good since, Hector was the only one in the direct family that was flux free.

But Echo can't actually spread the flux anywhere so she can touch Hector freely, which is weird. I suppose it's because she's a clone and wasn't physically infected in the first place.. Don't question it.

By year three Starglow had learned how to talk in full sentences and was actually able to have intellectual conversations with her father and uncle when they were all experimenting in the lab together. Oh and Star learned to like Uncle Hector, but just not to touch him. Nano introduced Star to a few new people as well, Her godparents Sips, Sjin, Xephos, Lomadia, and Honeydew.

Let's just say this sweetheart grew up very spoiled. After all she was the first child that any of them had, the next generation was in her hands.

By year four everyone had met Starglow and she was thrown her first official birthday party. Where everyone came and she got her first big set of presents.

Nano got her a small sapphire necklace, exactly like her own.

Lalna got her a pair of goggles, because she was very obsessed with his own.

Sjin got her a pair of blue overalls, to run around and play in.

Sips got her a dirt box, you know a sand box but with dirt. (Yeah, her mum just loved that -.- )

Xephos got her the spacekit he brought back from his home planet.

Lomadia got her a pet owl, which Star named Luna.

Honeydew got her a unbreakable diamond pickaxe.

Ross got her a few stacks of marble to build with.

Smith got her a keytar, with the explanation of: "Your mother used to play one, she's very good at it."

And Trott got her a pair of fluffy 'walrus' boots.

Now Starglow is five years old, she is very smart like her daddy, and has a great sense of humor like her mum. But she's like a firecracker. Running all around the castle, half of the time with her dad chasing after and the other half her mum chasing after her. Sometimes she even flies or teleports with her powers as well which only makes the chase harder.

The point of all this being that Nano almost never had any personal time to herself. Neither did Lalna. So times like this are very precious.

Nano sighs out again, about to switch positions. But instead she hears giggles. Nano opens her eyes, face to face with another pair of brown eyes.

"Mummy!" Star squeals, tapping Nano's nose. Nano giggles. "Hey pumpkin." She says, moving over and rolling into the floor, lying down on her back. Star leans over Nano her smile real bright.

"You have to come see what Dad and Uncle Hector are doing. It's so awesome." "Okay, okay, let's go see it." She stood up, bouncing up and down a bit. "Come on Mum! You need to come see this right away!" Nano stood up, stretching a small bit.

Star summoned her flux wings and Nano did the same. Then, star took off, going as fast as she could around the tower, Nano barely keeping up. Star squealed in delight as they spud past Auntie Echo in the courtyard. Who then summoned her wings and followed them in curiosity all the way to the boys' lab.

They all landed folding in their wings and looking over to Lalna and Hector as they flew around the room grabbing different things off shelves. They would then return into the back room for a moment before coming back out again.

"Hector, love, what are you doing?" Echo asked. Hector paused for a moment realising that the girls we're all here now. "Just working on a small project for Starglow with Lalna. Just give us two more minutes." He then activated his jet pack again and took off into the back room with Lalna.

"Almost done daddy?" Star squeals. "Almost Sweetheart, give us a few more seconds." Lalna said. Star jumped up and down in excitement.

"And done!" Hector yells flying out of the room, landing by Echo, giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, close your eyes." Star quickly closes her eyes, barely holding in her excitement. Lalna rolls something out of the room with an old white blanket covering it. "On the count of three. One. Two. Three!" Star opens her eyes just as Lalna rips the blanket off. Revealing an exact copy RT-D2. Star gasps.

"I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!" She squeals running up and hugging her father before bending over and studying the robot. Giggling as it beeps at her.

"Tomorrow we teach you it's language." Hector says. But Star was too distracted to hear as she chased the fun robot around the lab.

"Hmm," Echo hums. "She's quite the child, isn't she?" Nano nods and giggles lightly at her daughter. "She is, and its been a rough few years but she's definitely worth it." "She's the best daughter I could ever ask for." Lalna adds slinking his arm around Nano.

"Hey brother, we have something to ask of you." Hector says.

"Yes what is it?" Lalna responds.

"Well you see- I- We-" He stumbles on his words before Echo takes over.

"We'd like to clone Starglow."

Nano turns to Echo raising an eyebrow. "Why?"

"We're clones, we can't have kids. Seeing you two raise her so well, we've been dieing to try it ourselves." Echo explains.

"It wouldn't hurt her, we could even wait a few months until she needs her hair cut next. I mean I made Echo with a bit of your hair Nano, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if we-"

But before Hector can ramble on anymore, Lalna pulls out a small vial of blond hair from his lab coat.

"It was going to be a surprise." Says Nano. "But we think you two would make great parents." Lalna says handing the vial to Echo. "Really Lalna? You mean it?" Echo says turning it over in her hands. "Of course." Nano smiles.

Echo squeals, hugging Hector real tight. "Hector I'm going to be a mum!" Hector's eyes water. "I'm going to be dad." He says tearing up and hugging Echo back.

"I'm getting a cousin!!" A little voice yells from behind them. Followed by a few beeps from R2. Echo reaches down to Starglow and picked her up. "That's right Star! We are going to be the best family ever!" They start to fly around the room laughing and giggling, Hector soon joining in on the fun.

Lalna and Nano laugh watching the three celebrate together.

"You were right Nano she was worth it. We have the best family in the world."

~~~

A/N: Such trash very wow. I have this obsession with Hector and Echo just being the best family members ever. Like really I know they are supposed to be evil and all, but really I don't see it. And as much as my life sucks and I don't have a lot of positive thoughts left, I gather what I can to write fan-fiction. Either I write something where everyone gets along and is nice to each other, or I don't write at all. But seriously Echo and Lalna are best aunt and uncle :3 (and soon to be best mum and dad)

Peace
~Willow :3