Prologue

My name is Emily Dawson, I'm 13 yrs old. I live in Gotham City with my...father...if you could call him that. My father is a drug addict, drinker, and a killer. He killed my mother when I was seven years old, leaving me and my two little brothers, Thomas and Edward, motherless. Luckily, they weren't old enough to remember, but I was, and I remember everything that happened that night.
* Flashback *
My mom and dad were fighting again, so I took my brothers, who were three and four at the time, to my room. I turned on some cartoons for them, then locked the door. A few minutes later, I heard a loud BANG coming from the kitchen. I ran out of my room to see what has happened. My mom was on the floor in a puddle of blood, my father on top of her with a knife, stabbing her again and again. I ran back to my room, years rolling down my cheeks, and locked the door again.
* End flashback *
My dad has beaten me ever since. I hate him, but I can't leave. I can't runaway or he'll turn on my brothers, and I'd rather he beat me than them. They're just kids, barely nine and ten years old, they don't deserve that. When I was ten, I found out I had a very...strong...mind. I can do things others can't. I can feel the emotions of others, I can control objects with my mind. I can make other people hear what I'm thinking and I can hear what others think. That's one of the reason my father beats me. Because I'm a freak. Hopefully my brothers won't show any signs of " special abilities". Because if they did, he's beat them too. I hate My life here, but I won't leave it. And if I do, I'm taking my brothers with me. I'm not going to let them get beat by him. I'm not.

-----------------

Hey guys!
I know it may not seem so great, but I promise it will get better, so please continue reading.

Love you guys!