Just Getting Ready

Cordell, Jayda, and baby Maleah top row, Cari and Kelly middle row, and Amari, Jordyn and Kyron bottom row

Take a load off on my private island

Come inside and go into hiding

I know that you've been sacrificing your time

And need time to unwind and let go

So let go and let's go and let's throw and we roll

~ Cari ~

"So niggas ain't shit huh?" Kelly asked with his arm around my neck.

"Stop," I laughed cause he kept tickling my sides.

"Nah, what'd you say?"

"Okay, every guy but you." I said and he let me go.

"So I ain't shit?" Cordell and Kyron asked at the same time.

"You are," I pointed to 'Dell. "You know you not," I pointed to Ky.

"I miss my baby," Jayda whined, kicking the pool water as the sun beamed down on us.

"Me too." Jordyn agreed.

Suck it up, I thought to myself.

"This vacation was for a break," Kelly reminded them.

I looked around at the native people and other visitors of Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and sat on the poolside, dipping up to half my calfs in.

"They coulda came," Jayda shrugged.

I dramatically laid on my back so Kelly, who was in a chair, could see my face and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh whatever. Like you'd know what it's like Cari," one of them heffas said.

"Like I'd care." I shrugged.

For the last couple weeks I had low key been taking fertility pills, and the only person that knew was Kelly.

But to talk about a situation I can't help at all, was breaking the damn branch.

"Okay but you still don't know what it's like t-"

"Man shut that bull." Kelly interjected.

"Watch ya mouth talkin to her." Kyron warned.

"Nah she can watch her fuckin' mouth. She talkin' out da' neck and I guess you been loyal to ha' for a couple months so you think you bussin' huh?" Kelly leaned forward.

Kelly had this certain tone when he got mad, which was rare but the sexiest thing ever so... I'ma let him speak.

Besides, Cordell's peacemaking ass would never let it get physical.

"Yo, don't take it too far nig. You over here mad cause we know what having kids is like an y'all having problems." Kyron stood up.

"So just like ya bitch you got sum'n to say?" Kelly stood up too.

"Let it go," Cordell grabbed Kyron's shoulder. "You, Jordyn and Jayda were all wrong. That's a topic we don't speak on."

Kyron and Kelly stared at each other intently before Kyron shook his head and walked away and of course Jordyn followed.

Jayda sat there awkwardly before I got up and Kelly grabbed my hand, leading us to wherever.