The Unthinkable

Man I promise, she's so self conscious

She has no idea what she's doing in college

That major that she majored in don't make no money

But she won't drop out, her parents will look at her funny

Now, tell me that ain't insecure, The concept of school seems so secure

Sophmore three years aint picked a career

She like fuckit, I'll just stay down here and do hair

(WARNING: This story is about to skip months at a time, so just assume everything is good. I need to get this thing moving, so we can get to the action and stuff you want to read)

~ Cari ~

"I'm just saying you should've moved in with me." Cordell told Jayda.

Since it was Cordell's senior year he moved into an apartment near campus, while Kelly and Kyron found other roommates they were cool with.

As for Star, she just up and disappeared after spring break. We came back and her stuff and everything was gone. Just when I had something for that ass.

"It's too late to even do that. My parents are already paying for housing. Why didn't you suggest that before school started.

"Cause I wanted to see if we'd make it over a month without me knocking yo ass out, and we did." he smiled.

"Y'all are a mess," I mumbled straightening the last piece of hair.

"What time is y'all's little date." Jayda laughed, pinching my cheek.

"In an hour, or less by now." I looked at the time on my phone.

I smoothed on the red lipstick and looked at myself in the long sleeved, tight white dress.

I slipped my feet into the nude red bottoms I got as a present from my dad, over a year ago.

• Kelly •

"Damn, this hoe switched it up, she changed the game." Kyron snatched the letter Brittani sent me out my hand.

"She brung it back. We straight outta jail. Baby let me upgrade ya." he continued.

"You gone read it?" he asked.

"I was bout to," I snatched it back.

I quickly read over it, squishing my eyebrows together at all the bull.

"What it say?" Kendrick asked and I forgot he was even here.

"Apparently her family put her in rehab for depression."

"How you got time to go to rehab over a nigga but supposedly got a baby? Get yo life bih," Kyron scrunched up his face.

"Her dad even wrote I should go to give her some closure." I scratched my neck with my left hand and balled up the paper with my other.

"She need to close the part of her mind that thinks y'all gone get back together." Kyron shrugged.

"So you gone go?" Kendrick asked.

I thought long and hard about it. I was wrong.

I dropped a long relationship with no explanation. All she knew was I didn't want to be with her cause I had found someone else.