"That's sweet of you, but no thanks, Jake. I want to do this, for her" I said while wiping the table.

"Cindy? Can I have a moment with you in my office?" That's Ma'am Cathy. The owner of this diner.

"No problem, Ma'am."

I walked towards her office and she told me to seat down.

"Cindy, I appreciate your hardwork and dedication to your work. If you don't mind me asking, is there someone you're helping financially?"

"My mom. She is, well, sick. Second stage of breast cancer. She still goes to work but her income is not enough for her meds she's taking. I still have two younger brothers who are in school. That's why, I need a job. To help her financially and I don't want her to be stressed out in her job, making money. Ma'am Cathy? Please, please don't fire me."

"I see. How about your father?" I winced by her question.

"Uhh.. He left us. He has a new family anyway."

"I'm sorry for that"

"It's okay. I don't need sympathy anyway."

"You know Cindy, I trust you. I feel that,—how do you say this, I want to give you a raise. Also, I want you to be the—" there was a knock on the door.

Ma'am Cathy, tell me!

"Ma'am Cathy? Someone wants to see you"

"Give that person a portrait of me then. I'm having some business here."

"Cathy baby!" a man with a bouquet of flowers entered the room. Ma'am Cathy is blusing!

"Lucas! Gosh, get out! We'll meet as soon I'm done here."

"But Baby—,"

"Lucas, out." she said in a calm, strict voice.

"Love you!" and that Lucas guy blew her a kiss and finally went out.

"Okay, that was...surprising isn't it?"

"Ma'am Cathy? What was it you want me to—,"

"Yes! I almost forgot! I want you to be the head of all the waiters and waitresses. It's hard work, though."

"I don't care, Ma'am. I'll accept the offer, this is for my family."

"I'm glad you want it." she smiled at me.

"Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome dear."

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

My shift's done and Jake offered me a lift home.

"Cindy? How's your mom?"

"She's good."

"Happy to hear that."

He accompanied me towards the front door.

"Thanks Jake. I can handle myself" I said while fishing for the house key in my bag.

"Got it! Bye Jake, see you at class."

"Bye Cindy."

I smiled at him. He just stood there and his eyes...was longing for something. He held my shoulders while his eyes, those chocolate eyes were mesmerizing. I just can't look away.

Little did I know, his right hand cupped my face then slowly kissed me on the lips and my eyes were automatically shut.

I didn't know I was hypnotized by his act. Then, I realised what was happening and pushed him away. That was my first kiss!