Confession

Andrew.

As soon as I got home later on that night, I locked myself in my room and fell to my knees. My hands went up to my face as I sobbed. I felt pathetic, worthless. Why would an 18 year old boy be crying about some other dude with a girlfriend that he's over-the-moon in love with! I'm so pathetic... I raised my head and slid over to the wall, resting my back against the cool material. The tears were still streaming down my face. With Miranda pregnant, there is absolutely no way I could get with Jimmy now... He's going to be with Miranda to raise the baby. And I'm never going to get one chance to be with him... Not that I'd have a chance with Jimmy anyways. I heard a slight knock at my door. "Go away..." I said, stuffing my face in my knees. "Andy? You okay?" It was Jimmy's voice coming from the hallway. I gasped softly and stood up. I wiped the tears from my eyes, cleaning off my glasses. I quickly unlocked the door and opened it. "Uh... You left your phone in my car... Andy, have you been crying?" I scratched the back of my head as I took the phone back. I stayed silent, too scared to answer. "And what if I was..." I said softly. Jimmy gave me a confused look. "I was thinking... About earlier with Miranda." Jimmy started. "You were sounding very helpful today... And you seemed almost... Sad about the whole thing..." My eyes darted around the room. I didn't decide to help because of Jimmy. I decided to help because of Miranda. I mean, those two are going to need support... I love them both! "W-Well..." I started. I looked down at my feet, not wanting to make eye contact with Jimmy. "Do you... Like her or something?" My head snapped up and a confused look was plastered on my face. "What! Sure, you're gay! But come on, you never know!" "The fuck, Jimmy! I'm gay. I do not like her like that! Sure, she's a wonderful girl, but what the fuck! I don't like Miranda, I like you!" My eyes widened and my hand flew up to cover my mouth as I felt tears start to well up in my eyes. Jimmy just stood there, shocked. I'm such an idiot.. I probably just lost my best friend... "I-I..." Jimmy shoved his hands in his pockets as he opened his mouth to speak. "Andrew..." That was the first time he had used my name in years... It didn't feel right... "You know I'm not gay... And I have no romantic feelings towards you... You're my best friend, and I have a girlfriend, who's pregnant..." I just stood there, not knowing how to respond. "I'm sorry, Jimmy..." I started, choking back sobs. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I fell for my straight best friend. I'm sorry for falling for a guy who has a girlfriend. I'm sorry for falling for a guy who's going to have a child in a few months. I'm sorry." Jimmy still had a look of shock clear in his eyes. "I don't think we should be... Friends anymore..." Jimmy said slowly. Oh, did you hear that? Yeah, that's the sound of my heart breaking.