More Than Words

Enjoy!

------------------------------------

Marley arrives at school the next day. Just last night, she found out her boyfriend and his group of friends are vampires and there is a vampire out there who wants to kill him. All Marley knows about this vampires is that she wants to kill Ryder and her name is Kitty. Other than that, she knows nothing about Kitty.

"Hey Marls." A voice says, walking up to Marley.

"Hey Jake." Marley says.

"How are you?" Jake asks.

"I'm good. You?" Marley asks.

"Never been better." Jake says with a grin.

Marley walks up to her locker. Jake leans against the locker next to hers, talking about something and she talks about what he's talking about too.

The locker on her other side is open up and a girl wearing a leather jacket, dark skinny jeans and leather boots is at the locker. Something about the girl makes Marley shiver.

The girl closes her locker and Marley sees her face; long blonde hair that is in loose curls, make up on her face, hazel eyes and she's really pretty.

"Hi I'm Katherine Wilde. I'm new here." The girl says with a smile.

"Hi I'm Marley Rose." Marley says.

"And I'm Jake Puckerman." Jake says with a closed mouth smile and a small wave.

"I just recently moved her from out of state. It's nice to meet at least two nice people in this town." Katherine says.

"You seem like a nice girl." Jake says with a smile. Something about 'Katherine' scares Marley a little. The girl is hiding something; something big.

-------------------------------------------

Marley heads to her Biology class. It's the last class of the day she's so happy the day is almost over. She goes to take her seat at a table. Normally, her partner in Biology is Tina but since Tina is sick today, she has to work alone.

Then Katherine walks in.

Katherine sees Marley alone and smiles. She takes the seat next to Marley.

The teacher, Ms Holiday enters the room to start the class.

"Today's lesson involves us pricking our fingers and studying our blood under the microscopes." Ms Holiday says.

Marley sees Katherine tense. Something is really up with her.

"I'll go first." Marley says. She picks up the needle on the table and pricks her finger with a quiet "Ouch". She looks at Katherine to see her looking at others who prick their veins by accident.

Marley never realise how much blood made her queasy. She began to feel really weird when she saw the blood pour from her finger and onto the table.

Katherine seemed to be in a trance as she saw the blood fall from Marley's finger and onto the table. She put her own finger in the little pool of blood on the table. She licks her finger and Marley sees the girls eyes darken.

She's a vampire. Either that or the lights hitting her weirdly.

Katherine then rushes out. Marley just carries on with the class.

-----------------------------------------

Ryder sits in his room and hears a gush of air and the curtains blow everywhere.

"Hello Kitty." Ryder says, looking at the ceiling.

"Your little girlfriend just pricked her finger and made me go crazy." Kitty complains.