Chapter 31: Getting Tested :/

Start from the beginning

"I-I don't know yet. Chres and I were going to get tested today and..." she stopped me in the middle of my sentence, she knows i hate being cut off 

"You and Chres are no more" My heart sank 

"W-What?! You can't do that" 

"I'm your mother, i can do whatever i want" 

"Well not this time. We don't even know if we have it!" 

"But Marissa sweety, look at the big picture here, just the simple fact that you might have HIV is where I'm getting at. You've only been in LA for no more than 3 weeks and you've already had sex with one guy and now you could have HIV. How does that make you look? And what about me? Do you know how that makes me look? Makes me feel?" 

"I knew this was about you! Everything is always about you" 

"It's not that Mary, it's just that you are a representation of me..." Chres blew his horn 

"Mom, i don't care what you say. I'm not breaking up with Chresanto." i grabbed my house key and headed for the door 

"Fine! Keep going around acting like a hoe!" She yelled. I stopped in my tracks. It felt like a thousand knives had just stabbed my heart. It hurt worst than yesterday. To hear that my own mother thinks I'm hoe, hurts. That word is starting to get tossed at me more than once. Am I a hoe? 

I shook off the tears and instead of going off on my mom like i want to i walked out the door slamming it behind me. 

I got in Chres's car and tried not to cry but he could tell that i was upset 

"Everything okay?" 

"Yeah, just drive" 

"Not until you tell me what's going on" 

"Chres just drive the damn car!" I snapped. I didn't mean too, i just did. 

He started to drive and i sat back in my chair The whole car ride was silent. 

Laney POV

I opened my laptop but closed it back as soon as I seen the Facebook window pop up. I don’t want to see what everyone has to say. I didn’t really mean for everyone to find out, I was just mad at the moment. My dad didn’t let me go to the game so I missed everything. I couldn’t even cheer because of my situation.

I laid down on my bed but hopped straight back up. I ran to the garbage can in my room and threw up. I stayed like that for a couple minutes. I got back up and went over to my bed. It’s sad that my baby is going to be born with HIV but I had to get my dad’s attention somehow and apparently, getting pregnant is the only way. This all backfired on me with the HIV thing, but I looked it up and although I can’t do anything to cure it, If I take some medicine every like 12 hours I’ll be okay. At least I know I have my dad’s attention.

After a while of staring at my ceiling, there was a knock on my door.

“Go away” I said but whoever it was came in anyway. I looked and seen my dad walking in my room holding a manila folder. He tossed it on my bed

“What’s this” I asked

“You’re test results.”

“I didn’t take a test” I said picking up the folder and going through it.

“Yeah you did. I got your DNA from your mouth while you were sleep.”

“The fuck? Why did you do that?”

"To see if you were lying. You’re not. I’m sorry Laney. All this is my fault. I could’ve stopped this and maybe you wouldn’t be pregnant and going to die” he said. It feels good to know my dad still cares, but its sad to think that it took me getting AIDS to get his attention though.