R U Mine?-Arctic Monkeys

"I should've known the tides were getting higher. We can still survive above the waves. I should've known the tides were getting higher. I should've known the tides were getting higher. We can still survive! You never said goodbye."

It's been three days since Phil left. I haven't slept. Our bed is cold and empty. I haven't even gone into our room since, in fear that I'll break down from seeing all of Phil's stuff, or at least what's left of it. I've just been dozing off on the couch while flipping through TV channels. I don't have the motivation to do much else. I haven't gone on social media at all, and neither has Phil. I know because I get notifications every time he tweets something, but so far, nothing.

I've barely moved from my spot on the couch. I only get up to go to the bathroom and get food if absolutely necessary. I'm just numb. I can't feel anything. I'm not sad, or depressed, or lonely. I'm nothing, and it's worse than feeling something.

If Phil were here, maybe we would've talked about this and made it better. He hasn't answered my calls or texts, not that I've sent many. I know he won't answer anyway, so what's the point? I try to pull myself out of this funk by watching my friends' videos on YouTube. I stumble upon Louise's latest video. I remember Phil once said her voice was calming to him. Maybe she'll do the same for me. After watching her videos for about an hour, I still feel nothing, so I decide to call her and see if she wants to come over.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey, Louise. It's Dan."

"Oh hi! How are you? I haven't talked to you in forever. How have you been?" She asks sweetly.

"Not good. That's actually why I've called. I hate to bother you, but would you like to come over? I need to talk some things out." I explain to her.

"Yeah, okay sure. Isn't Phil there?" She asks.

"Actually, no." I choke back tears. "He's gone away for a bit."

"Okay." She sounds kind of sad now, like she knows what's up. "I'll be over in a few minutes."

"Okay, thanks." We then say our goodbyes and hang up.

I tidy up the flat a little bit, but there's not much of a mess since I haven't done anything lately. When Phil left, it's like he took a part of me with him. The part of me that emotes and cares about things. It's just gone.

Louise gets here a few minutes later. I throw my arms around her and hug her as soon as she walks in the door. "Dan, what's wrong? Tell me what's happening." She says after she prys me off her.

I take a deep breath, preparing myself to relive the memories of the past few days. "Okay, so... the simple version is that Phil and I had a fight and he left."

"Why did you guys fight?" Louise asks, concerned.

"I was being an asshole. I've just been on a constant downfall the past few months because of my depression, and I guess he's just had enough of me." I explain.

"Well, what did he say?"

"He's just mad that I haven't done anything to get better and that I'm so stubborn. He thinks that I can't be helped. And even though he's said he's tried so many times to help, all he's really done is make me feel worse for not being what he wants me to be. He hasn't taken any actual action to help, like he says he has. I'm sorry, I'm getting upset."

"I think you guys need to talk this out without the yelling. Have you tried calling him?" She asks hopefully.

"Yes, many times. He won't answer."

"Did he say where he was going?"

"No, he left without saying a word. He just packed his bags and left. He didn't even say goodbye. But now that I'm thinking about it, maybe he went to his parents' house."

"You know what that means... road trip!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yeah! Of course! I want to help you guys get back together any way that I can." Louise beams.

"Well, Lou, I hate to say this... but you're not the best at relationships. I mean, you're divorced. And what would you do about Darcy while we're gone?"

"The divorce was a mutual decision. That does not mean I'm crap at relationships. Also, I'm not doing anything to help except getting you there. You'll have to do the talking yourself. And about Darcy, I can get Matt to watch her while we're gone. It shouldn't take too long, right?"

"No, it shouldn't. Thank you so much, Lou. When do you wanna go?"

"How about right now?"

"What? Really?"

"Yeah. I just need to grab some things, and you should too. Bring some money, snacks, and money just in case. I'll run home, get my purse, and call Matt. I'll be back in fifteen minutes."

She leaves without saying goodbye. I hear yelling from outside, "Road trip!" She's crazy, but she's the best friend I could ever ask for. Now everything would be great if I could get Phil back.