WAVE 06 - back home.

WARNING: A LOT OF FLUFF AND SH*T IS WRITTEN A WAY THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN NOWADAYS. I WANTED TO WRITE THIS FICS AS A FAIRYTALE, AND SO THEY ARE DEEPLY IN LOVE EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER PROPERLY MET (*sigh* I know, that's stupid.)  IT'S NOT THAT I WANTED IT TO BE CLICHÉ, IT'S BECAUSE I COPIED/PASTED THE FAIRYTALE FORMAT. THANK YOU.

When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day

Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran

***

Exhausted, Draco climbed off Hermione and fell on the shore. Hermione crawled next to him and sat straight, looking at the sea. She started to play with her hair. Draco noticed that her skin was marked on her arms, something he was sure was not there before. They were back at the castle. They were laying on the shore, close to Draco's midnight path.

''Thank you,'' he said, his voice hoarse from all his time underwater.

''Are you hurt?'' She asked looking up at him. Draco looked deeply into her brown eyes. Everything about her was simply gorgeous. She had dark brown hair, with lock of purple that matched the color of her long tail, which was still half in the water, clapping softly.

She didn't wear any top, but her long hair covered her breasts, and Draco suddenly turned away, his face becoming hotter and hotter, when he noticed her nudity.

''No, I'm okay, thanks to you,'' he said.

She laughed softly at his reaction.

''I know humans are not use to nudity, but that's how I always lived. Would you rather me covering my – ''

''No! I mean, it's fine by me, I'm not complaining,'' he grinned wildly.

She smiled up at him, then her smile fainted.

''Draco, that – ''

''You know my name?'' He asked, thunderstruck.

''Of course, you know mine, don't you?'' She questioned.

''Hermione,'' he whispered taking her hand. ''I've known your name since I first saw you here.''

''That's when I really marked you, mentally.'' She said not daring looking at him. ''We established connection because – because – ''

''We fell in love at first sight,'' he completed for her softly.

She nodded. ''The last mermaid it happened to... she experienced a terrible, terrible faith. Mermaids are craved by witches and wizards. They drink our blood, eat our fins and tails, and become more powerful than what they could ever dream of. But when mermaid fall in love, their hearts become of a rare material which with wizards can concoct an eternality potion, and thus live for ages until the effect of the potion wears off.''

''Did that happen to her?''

Hermione nodded, her throat tight and her eyes watering.

''Lily was my m-mother, b-but I never knew her. S-She had the time to give birth to me, then she was t-t-taken by the w-witch,'' she stuttered with difficulty, silver tears rolling down her cheeks.