Chapter 2 Yellow Roses

Katherine led him through the vast garden. The air was filled with a heavy silence. Katherine stoped and sat on a very comfortable swing surrounded by the roses. Liam looked at her angelic face and decided to say something to break the uncomfortable silence." The flowers are beautiful " He began, "Especially the roses." "My mother made this garden, she always loved flowers." Katherine replied. "My favorite were always the yellow roses."

      She didn't have much to say, but Lilah and her agreed earlier that he was attractive. She stole a quick glance at him before staring out into the ancient looking waterfountain. "Your father is a very sweet man. But I have never seen you with him."  Liam was surprised she brought up his father. "Yes, I didn't like going on his business trips when I was younger."  Katherine felt disappointed. He wasn't gonna come back here  for a while, maybe a few years. "So you won't be coming here anytime soon." She finshed for him.

      "Actually I am coming  for the party your father is throwing in a couple of weeks." He saw her face brighten. The silence fell again until they heard footsteps. The maid, Lilah, stood there and looked at Katherine,"Your mother wants you to help her with the party planning." Katherine looked at her and nodded. "I suppose you should be on your way home Mr. Alexander" Lilah said softly. He nodded slowly. Katherine got up and looked at Lilah, "Will you show him the way back?" The best friend and maid nodded. Katherine looked at Liam. "I will see you soon." With that she turned around and began walking away.

     "Wait!"Liam called out to her. She stopped and looked at him questionly. "Do you want to go to the party with me? As a date?" He asked as he walked towards her. "I know we haven't known each other for long.." Katherine looked at him and smiled softly "I would love to." She began to walk away as Liam watched her. The world was quite for a few seconds befor  Lilah made a coughing noise. Liam turned around. "Well, I suppose you should show me the way back." Lilah nodded and lead the way. He noticed there were roses. Yellow ones. Katherine favorite. He stopped and took a rose. "Lilah?" He asked. She stopped and looked at him. " Yes?"

"Could you give this rose to Katherine?"