Another Sannin Who Might Be Worse Than The Pervert

Start from the beginning

"This your daughter or something Kakashi?" Tsunade asks in her somewhat rough voice, hands on her hips, a smirk on her face. Kakashi sighs. "No, Akari is not my daughter," he says, as I sit back and remove my arms from his neck. "She's half my age, Lady Tsunade," he adds, giving her a look. She smirks again. "Oh please, Kakashi," she says, leaning down towards him and sufficiently showing off her, uh, chest for the two of us. I wrinkle my nose and lean back against the wall; it's not really an enjoyable experience to be so close to... that.

Kakashi only sweat drops.

"Anyway," Tsunade continues, straightening up and turning back to the other woman and Naruto. "You said there's one more patient for me to look at?"

"Yeah! Rock Lee!" Naruto shouts, fist pumping the air. "Lee?" I ask and Naruto shoots me a hopeful grin. "Granny Tsunade says she'll heal Bushy Brows!"

"I said I'd try, moron," Tsunade corrects, sighing at the younger blonde. "And stop calling me Granny! I'm not old!"

With that, she pushes past Naruto and strides out the door. The dark-haired woman says, "I'm Shizune, Lady Tsunade's assisstant, and this is Tonton." She nods at the pig in her arms, which gives a cute "Oink oink". Shizune smiles at us, before turning around and hurrying after Tsunade. "Nice to meet you two!" she calls over her shoulder, disappearing out the door.

And that just leaves Naruto.

The orange-clad Ninja jogs up to his Sensei, sticking his face in Kakashi's. "Glad to see you're up, Sensei!" he says, giggling. "I heard you were out for a long time!" Then he abruptly jumps away, moving towards the door. "I gotta go see Bushy Brows!" he says, throwing another smile our way. "Feel better, Kakashi Sensei!"

And then he's gone as well.

"That woman... is really going to become the Fifth Hokage?" I mumble, staring at the open door in wonder, and honestly? Fear.

"She is one of the Legendary Sannin," Kakashi reminds me. I frown at him. "What does that mean exactly?" I say earnestly. "Jiraiya, according to Naruto, is the biggest pervert ever, and Orochimaru is the goddamn devil!"

Kakashi chuckles, giving me a closed-eye smile. "You're right," he says. "But it doesn't change the fact that Lady Tsunade is an amazing Ninja. In fact, she's the person people credit for creating the Medical Ninja system we know today. She's probably the best Medical Ninja in existence."

"That doesn't change the fact that she's a fifty-something woman with a blunt personality that hides her age. What does that say about her?"

"It says," a voice says menacingly from the doorway, "that she's a woman who cares about her appearance! Unlike some ratty Genin!"

I swallow thickly, sweat dropping at Tsunade's furious expression. Then I frown and look down at myself.

Yeesh.

I really have let my appearance go.

Not that I really care.

I look up fearfully at the newest Hokage. "I'm sorry, Lady Tsunade," I ammend softly. "I wasn't thinking."

She blinks at me, before stepping fully into the room. "What's wrong with you?" she asks, jabbing a finger at me. I shrug one shoulder. "Been through a lot of crap, I guess," I say truthfully. Her eyes narrow and she steps closer, peering down at me with an unreadable expression on her face. "Lost a loved one, have you?" she asks bluntly, and I flinch.

"Lady Tsunade..." Kakashi starts worriedly, but is unable to finish.

"I know the look," she tells me, answering my unasked question. "So who was it? Friend? Sibling? Parent?"