Chapter Four (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

We finally stop before a large door. He opens the door and pulls me inside. The room is dark. So dark I can't even see the Prince in front of me. Prince Nicholai releases my hand and slight panic starts inside me. Soon the room fills with light. It's a small but elegant bedroom. The medium sized bed is covered with deep green sheets. Part of the hardwood floor is covered with a sand colored rug that has dark green designs bordering its edges. Prince Nicholai sits across the room in the matching green chair by the small oak dresser.

"Is this..."

"My room?" He finishes. "Yes. I sleep here whenever I come to visit."

"Hm." I nod at the information. "Why did you bring me here?"

"Well, Elizabeth." He says as he stands from the chair and approaches me. "My cousin has been watching my every move since our little encounter. He can be quite bothersome whenever I want to..." He pauses and bites his lip. He sighs and the smallest smirk appears. "Anyway, I had to bring you here to get you alone." He stops in front of me and looks down at me with those dangerous blue eyes. "No more interruptions." He caresses my cheek and my head reflexively leans into his hand. The light in the room seems to dim as I focus on his pretty blue eyes. I let them lift me off the ground and carry me away. Back into that deep ocean. "You're so perfect." He whispers as he leans in.

I close my eyes as I expect him to kiss me. He's really going to kiss me? I'm just a peasant whose looks are more gruesome than beautiful. He's a Prince. Royal blood runs through his veins, and yet he's somehow found me attractive. I've never thought I'd be the type of girl to just throw myself at the first man who shows interest, but I just can't help myself around him.  All I want right now is to be as close to him as i possibly can. The ache is almost painful.

Though I wait patiently, the kiss never comes. Instead, he places his lips against my neck and starts to make a trail of kisses from my neck to my shoulder. A sigh forces its way from my lips as his hands move to wrap around my waist. He pulls me closer and his hard body presses against mine.

"You smell so good." He says in the curve of my neck, his voice slightly muffled. The small hiss that escapes him make my eyes snap open as I'm reminded of what he is and the real reason I'm here. I try to push him away with the small amount of strength I have. He doesn't budge as he holds me tighter, restricting my movements more.

"Stop! Please." I begged.

"Shh, just a taste." He whispers before his teeth sink into my neck. I scream out in pain as I feel his fangs sink deeper into my flesh. His hand quickly covers my mouth, muffling my screams. In seconds my vision starts to blur and my body becomes numb. My legs buckle beneath me and my body becomes limp, but he holds my weight easily and never breaks his drinking flow. My eyelids become weighed down with fatigue and I fight to keep them open. I can just barely make out the sound of banging. The sound grows louder and louder until I hear the door slam open. Before I can see who it is, Prince Nicholai's arms release me and I fall. I finally let my heavy lids slip closed as I drift into unconsciousness, waiting to collide with the floor. But the floor never comes.

~*~

I wake to the sound of faint music playing in the background. I slowly open my eyes and take in the barely lit room. I recognize the large, dark wood framed bed that I lay on with its dark red silk sheets. I recognize the dark wood and dark red upholstered seating surrounding the fireplace. I can still imagine the four women who were dancing on the dark wood coffee table just the night before.  Prince Demetri's room. I jerk to a sitting position and instantly regret the action as my head starts to throb and the room starts to spin.