Evil People Chasing Bunnies

Start from the beginning

A few people looked over at the sound, including Damon and Elena.

Damon raised an eyebrow.

I sighed. "I'm going home. If I stay any longer, I'll end up burning the place down."

I got up and went home.

I woke up the next morning to find Damon lying beside me, watching me sleep.

"Air horn," he whispered.

I frowned, confused.

 "What?" I asked groggily.

And that's when an ear splitting noise peirced the air. I grabbed my ears and curled up in a ball, trying to block out the noise.

It stopped and I had a ringing in my ears.

"What the hell was that?" I exclaimed.

"Like I said," Damon replied, leaning casually against the wall. "An air horn."

"Gah, what the hell?" I asked, squinting at the sunlight shining through my window. "Why do you have an air horn?"

"Well, I bought it a while ago, and I planned on annoying the hell out of you with it, but I completely forgot about it until this morning," he said. "So here we are."

I groaned. "You are a horrible person, you know that?"

"You said I was the most amazing person in the world yesterday," he said.

"I changed my mind," I said, glaring at him.

"Oh come on, tell me you wouldn't do the same thing if you had an air horn," he said.

"Touche," I said. "What time is it?"

"Time to start getting ready for school," he answered.

I groaned again and pulled my blanket over my head. "Nooooooooooooo!"

"Get up,"

"No! I'm sick!" I lied.

"No you're not," Damon said.

"Why are you trying to make me go to school anyway?" I asked.

"Because I'm not going to be here today, and I don't want you to go all suicidal on me, and you going to school ensures that that won't happen," he said.

"Won't Lexi or someone be here?" I asked.

"Nope,"

"Damon, I promise I won't go all suicidal," I said. "I really don't want to go to school."

"Fine, but if I come home to find you dead, there's going to be hell to pay," he said. He turned and walked out of the door.

I sighed and tried to get back to sleep.

I was awoken by the sound of a door being knocked.

I yawned and stumbled downstairs, not caring that I was still in my pajamas with my hair tied back in a lose bun.

I opened the front door and almost slammed it shut again.

John Gilbert stood infront of me.

"Ugh," I groaned. "What are you doing here?"

"Good morning to you too Marni," he retorted.

"I'm not in the mood, what do you want?" I asked.

Instead of answering me, he walked past me and strolled through to the living room.

I sighed and closed the door.

"Is your brother Damon around?" he asked, looking around the room.

"Nope," I said. "Although I'm not quite sure he'd want to see you anyway."

"Where is he?" he asked.

"You tell me and we'll both know," I said.

"I need to speak with him," John continued.

"That's great," I said sarcastically. "But he's not here right now, so feel free to leave."

"Shouldn't you be at school?" he asked.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere other than here?" I asked, getting sick of him already. I walked over to the liquor cabinant and poured myself some scotch, knowing I wouldn't get through this conversation without it. "Congrats John, you've driven me to drink."

"You're a little young to be drinking, don't you think?" he asked, giving me a disapproving look.

"What's your point?" I asked. "It's not like I'm getting any older."

"That's ridiculous," he muttered.

"John, I'm not in a very stable mental state right now," I said. "So unless you'd like to be put through a brick wall, I suggest you leave."

He glared at me for a moment, but turned and headed for the door.

"If you see Damon, tell him to call me," he called back to me.

"I'll be sure not to do that," I called back, just before he closed the door.

I glared in his general direction and turned, heading for the kitchen.

I made myself a sandwhich, and was halfway through eating it when I heard another knock at the door.

I muttered angrily to myself and answered it, hoping to God it wasn't John.

To my surprise, it was Tyler.

"Uh, hey Tyler, what's up?" I asked.

"I, uh, heard about what happened between you and Jeremy," he said.

I sighed. "Would you like to come in?"

"Thanks," he said, walking past me.

I closed the door and turned to face him.

"Look, I'm here to apologise," he said.

"For what?" I asked, frowning in confusion.

"It's my fault about you and Jeremy," he said. "If it weren't for me, not of that would've happened."

"No, no, no," I said. "Tyler, it wasn't your fault, trust me. It's got more to do with than just that."

I couldn't believe he was blaming himself for it.

"I just can't help but feel responsible," he said.

"Don't," I said. "It's not your fault Tyler."

"Look, I'm really sorry anyway," he said.

"It's fine," I said.

"How are you, anyway?" he asked.

"I've been better," I said. "Why aren't you at school?"

"I was, but then I decided to ditch," he said.

"You shouldn't be skipping school because of me," I said, even though I was all for ditching school.

"Hmm, going to school, or visiting Marni," he said, pretending to think about which one was better. "I'm gunna go for the second one."

"I wouldn't," I said. "I'm not a very nice person to be around lately."

He gave me a small smile and hugged me.

"Don't worry," he said. "Things will get better."

"Will they?" I asked doubtfully.

"Yes," he said.

And that's when the most unexpected thing happened. Well, except for Voldemort chasing a bunny.

Tyler leaned down and kissed me.