Ch. 20: Five Against The World

Start from the beginning

'This guy...' Fenrir said, seeming to be at a loss for words. 'Is certainly... unique?'

'Let's go with that.' I replied, still staring at the strange man that had appeared. He was just so... flamboyant.

For some reason Gai punched Lee in the face, hard. Then the two started crying, and hugging each other. A sunset appeared in the background, and a wind blew their strange hair in different directions.

'I'm so confused!' I cried in my head to Fen. 'What is going on?'

'... I have absolutely no idea.'

Gai started yelling something about laps around the training field, and Lee just went right along with it. Guess that's how Lee's so good at taijutsu...

I then turned back to Aoi, who was watching this all. "Is that your sensei?" I asked the dark-skinned boy.

Aoi nodded. "Yes. Gai-sensei, one of the best taijutsu users in the village. He is a great sensei... He is teaching me about fighting with only one eye, and it is going great!"

"I can tell," I replied. "But... Why wouldn't you train under Kakashi Hatake, who also normally uses one eye?"

"I do not know," Aoi shrugged. "I do not think Kakashi had a team my graduating year. I think the Hokage wanted him to have a team in your year, as I am assuming you are a year younger than me. Do you know who is on that team, and if they passed his unpassable test?"

I chuckled lightly. "Yeah, that's my team. Me, Uchiha over there, Naruto Uzumaki, and Sakura Haruno. Somehow we managed to pass."

"Oh!" Aoi looked impressed. "How has it been?"

"Well,-"

"Aoi! You're here as well!" Gai said, appearing right in front of the two of us. Cutting me off when I was about to speak. "Have you found your eternal rival as well?"

Aoi and I exchanged a look. "I would not say eternal rival..." the yellow-eyed boy said hesitantly.

"Nonsense!" Gai said enthusiastically. "I can see that you two were having a battle, so why not? Obviously you thought she had some form of strength about her!"

Aoi nodded. "Yes," he agreed. "When I first saw her, I could tell she was stronger than she seemed."

"You're talking about me like I'm not even here," I butted in.

"My apologies, youth-filled young girl!" Gai said, grinning. His teeth seemed to sparkle, and that worried me. "But," he moved so he could see my entire team. "You should be getting to the Exams. You have very little time left."

My eyes widened, along with Sakura's. Naruto didn't look that bothered, and Sasuke looked as apathetic as always. Gai, Lee, and Aoi all leapt up onto the balconies above, and disappeared.

I started to walk towards the door. "Let's go," I called over my shoulder. "You don't want to be late, do you?"

"The Uchiha clan ain't worth much these days," Naruto said as we started to walk. "You just got your butt kicked."

"Shut up," Sasuke muttered, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Next time... I'll beat him."

"Good luck with that," I said, turning so I was walking backwards in front of my team. "That Lee kid is strong. And incredibly determined. I think he could do anything if he set him mind to it. And that means... If you don't get in that same mind set, you'll never catch up, let alone surpass him."

"You saw his hands," Naruto said, following up on what I said. "They proved his dedication. He trains so much. More than you."

Sasuke smirked. "Well, then I guess I've gotta train harder," he said. "This is getting fun, these Chunin Exams. Let's go."