Chapter 28 |Part 1|: The Kids Aren't Alright

Start from the beginning

Where were my balls when I needed 'em?

Alfie nudged me then, dragging me out of my chicken shit thoughts. When I looked at him, he stood up and nodded to Kurt and Frisco who were walking straight to us. I got to my feet, preparing to get all business.

"Alfie's right," stated Kurt, as soon as he was in front of us.

"Of course, I am," snorted Alfie, crossing his arms.

"They're anabolics," continued Kurt seriously, looking me in the eye. "But McKinley ain't keeping 'em in his locker."

"It took us a while," said Frisco. He shrugged, and added, "But we found his stash."

"Where?" I asked.

"In his car."

"We debated whether or not we should nick it, but you know," trailed off Kurt, raising his eyebrows pointedly.

I nodded. "Yeah, it could backfire."

If Finn wasn't being a moron, he could heavily consider that we took it. Then, he could let slip that we were taking it. We'd be framed and end up taking the blame for possessing illegal drugs. Not gonna happen.

"Well," I breathed out, "that sure explains why he's acting like a PMS-isng bitch."

The shithead was way too hotheaded recently.

"So what're we gonna do?" asked Frisco, looking way too innocent.

I didn't answer, still thinking it through. Frisco's innocent face was distracting me that I had to look away. It was like he was a five-year-old kid waiting for his punishment from being caught redhanded.

"Blackmail him?" suggested Alfie.

I shook my head. "No, he's too much of a son of a bitch to be given a choice."

Kurt scratched his head. "What, then?"

"How old is he?" I wondered thoughtfully.

"Hell if I know," huffed Alfie. "I'm not his mother."

"I wanna get this over with," I deadpanned, eyeing them one by one. "The fastest way to do that is by letting other people do the work."

"I think I know where you're going with this," said Alfie suspiciously. "I can't believe you're even considering it," he added disapprovingly.

"What d'you think we should do, then?" I spat, facing him. "Blackmail him into what, quitting the team? That's too fucking easy for him."

Nobody spoke. They knew I was right.

"Alright, so we call the cops," humored Alfie, waving a hand. "You think McKinley will just let them search his stuff without a fucking warrant?"

I sighed, rubbing my face. Now, he was right.

"How 'bout we thrash his car, let it get towed or something?" shrugged Kurt.

Alfie snorted, rolling his eyes. "And expect the cops to show up at the repair shop like, 'Lookie, are those gym candies? Oh, my. Wonder who owns this car?'"

"When you say it like that, it sounds stupid."

"'Cause it fucking is."

I let them throw ideas, while I listened and considered each of them. But I kept going back to my idea about involving the cops.

We could make a secret call to Kurt's uncle about it. The problem was, it wouldn't stick because we had no solid proof. We just needed to give them enough proper evidence so they could ask for a search warrant.