Chapter 7: Weekend Off

Start from the beginning

"Who is it?" I said in a flirty tone.

"Umm Reid," he replied confused.

"Sorry I don't know anyone by the name of Reid.but my boyfriend is supposed to be picking me up. " I stated while giggling.

"Ohh... well then is my girlfriend Dr. Corinne Jennings here?" He said this in tone that was mixed with awkwardness and happiness. Again I could imagine him looking down and scratching his neck softly.

"We'll now that my boyfriend Dr. Spencer Reid has asked," I opened the door," yes she is!" When I opened the door he stood there with an outstretched hand. I grabbed it and he gave me a quick peck on the cheek. "So where are we going?"

"A coffee shop that's a few miles away." He replied as we made our way through the building and to the car.

"Okay"

In the car we joked around and talked about just about everything. I told him bout how he made me waste perfectly good coffee. Talked a little about work and the case we had just finished. He asked me more about my horseback and volleyball years and how I wanted to get back into it. He told me about a class he was teaching at the end of the week. I could tell he was nervous because he'd didn't do that great in front of large amounts of people. We were total opposites but I fell head over heels for him. After about half an hour we arrived at this cute little coffee shop for breakfast. Of course he opened both doors for me then offered his hand.

"Table for two?" The hostess asked

"Yes please," Spencer replied.

She showed us to a comfy booth in the back of the shop. And handed us menus. It mostly contained of pancakes, waffles, and eggs specials. Breakfast was definitely my favorite meal. I looked up at Spencer and he was squinting and furrowing his eyebrows at the menu. I couldn't help but giggle.

He looked up, "what?"

"You just look cute," I said as I leaned over the table to give him a kiss.

He rolled his eyes at me, " what are you going to get?"

"Probably chocolate chip pancakes because I'm four, and if course coffee. You?"

"Umm probably a mix of everything. I forgot to eat dinner last night and I'm starving." He replied sounding sort of mad at himself. He was adorable.

I knew he was thinking it to so I just said it, " spence when are we going to tell the team?" This was going to be such a hard answer because dating coworkers was frowned open at the FBI.

"Well why don't we wait about a month or two and just keep you and me out little secret." He said this with a serious tone which then became flirty.

"Perfect idea Dr. Reid," I replied

"Well thank you Dr. Jennings," he said right before he giving me a kiss.

The waitress came up and took our order. We both ordered what we said we would with plenty of coffee. I put my hand in the table and checked my phone and all the notifications from this morning. Spencer reached out grabbed my hand and it was like almost unconsciously rubbed his thumb in circles across the backside of my hand. I loved this feeling. After catching up with my social media I looked up into Spencer's gorgeous brown eyes and smiled. He had a stray strand of hair hanging in front of his face that I reached out to move away while touching his cheek and smiling. He smiled back as I sat down and squeezed my hand harder.