Chapter 1

Clarke's POV

I'm sitting in the class when the teacher rushes in. "Everyone, you terribly failed your exams. How do you expect I will behave if you are going to continue like this for the rest of the year?" He's almost shouting now. "There is only one person who did this test completely right. And it's Clarke, so Clarke, give others some advice. Thank you." He adds to his speech and I release my breath. I didn't even realise I was holding it.

Well, again - I'm the only one who has got it right, which doesn't surprise me because I learn almost every minute of my day. If I wouldn't, my mom would maybe throw me out of the house. She says she wanted to have smart and intelligent kid (probably wanted little perfect princess) and I just don't feel like it but I don't want to live under the bridge. When I was small (about 10 years old) I didn't learn that much and I was maybe the most problematic child in our class. I'd steal everyone's pens and put them all in one place so they wouldn't know what pen is theirs once they found it or I once brought toilet paper and "decorated" our class. Well, my teacher didn't like it as much as I did so I've gotten my first detention. For me it wasn't big deal but when I saw how my mom is completely pissed off I thought I would go under that bridge voluntarily.

"So what's your answer to this really problematic question, Ms Griffin?"
I suddently hear my teacher standing almost in front of my desk as I wake up from my daydream. "I-I'm sorry Mr Jaha, I didn't listen." I hear the words coming out of my mouth after short pause. I expected anger in his eyes but all I see is grin on his face. "Guess nobody's perfect, right?" He says and leaves me staring at his back as he turns back to his desk. "So everyone, last time we talked about the amazing author Ovidius.." I told myslef I would listen but my mind escapes from the class again.

I don't know why I'm still thinking about him even when I dumped him 3 months ago. Maybe I remembered him now because he likes English classes or because he was the one that has helped me with my learning when I was a kid. Oh crap, I don't want to think about him now, we don't even talk anymore. Finn is past for me after what he's done.

After my short thought I'm back behind my desk and see the class has ended now.
"Hey, Clarke, you seem odd today," my best friend Raven asks me with worried expression on her face, "aren't you sick or something?"
I sometimes look at her and see her as my mom because she's been here for so long and helped me with a lot of things.

I realise I'm staring at her and saying nothing because she's looking at me like I have something disgusting on my face.

"Oh sorry for that, no, no I'm good," I say, "just a little tired today."
I try to behave like I just didn't stare at her like she's the Greek Goddess. "Oookay? Well if you need anything just ask, I'm here for you," she says, "what class are you in now?" She tries to change the subject with this simple question. The problem is, I don't even know what day it is. "Uh.. maybe biology?" I try to remember but of course I said it wrong. But I let it be. "Oh, good, so I guess see ya at Lunch! Byee" Raven quickly responses and runs out of class before I'm able to say anything more.

Finally, I'm getting up from my desk by the window as I'm the last in this room. I'm checking where I'm heading on my phone when somebody rushes to me in hurry. I look up and see Finn - God, he's everywhere.
"Clarke? Oh, sorry, didn't see you." He looks at me with sorry but I just growl.
"As always." I mumble and almost run anywhere else than this place. I can feel his eyes on my back and I keep walking as I realise I'm out of school. So I sit on the stairs and relax a little.

After about 10 minutes I pull out my headphones and plug them into my phone. Oh how I love music. It always helps me escape the real world (which could be worse, actually). Like it's not enough for today, I'm just looking at one of the popular kids. And not just any, the leader of "The extremely badass cool kids" is standing not 15 feet away from me, smoking cigarette, long brown thick hair loose, all black. And all alone. This is not common, everytime I see her she's at least with one of her "cool" friends.

And then I notice she's crying (I've never seen anyone like her crying before). Not aloud, as she smokes her cigarette, she quietly sobs. I can even say she looks beautiful when she cries like that. I think her last name is Woods but I can't remember her first. I know her mostly from rumors and I saw her multiple times smoking in front of the school with her group of people with motorcycles, all in black. I would go and say something but she probably doesn't see me and she'd just freak out I saw her crying. So I go back in the school and wait there till the end of this period. I haven't missed school in 4 years at least (mom will kill me probably - and I don't even care, what's wrong with me?) and now I'm just sitting in the hallway after listening to music while sitting on the staircase and watching beautiful (and popular) girl cry.

And from that girl, I can't leave my mind for the rest of the school.

---------------------------------------------------
Sorry for short chapter but it's already 00:11 our time and I'm waking up at 6:20, so I had to speed it up a little. Again, sorry for my english mistakes, you are free to correct me.