Chapter 3: "Guts"

Start from the beginning

Once they reached a cage on the ladder, the guy hopped onto it. He turned, helping Tony and Rick on as well. "Come on, get up." He said as he helped Rick up. Once everyone was on, they panted. Tony regained her air quickly and leaned forward on the rail, looking at the walkers that kept piling themselves against the ladder. The other two joined her, the new guy in the middle. "Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood. You the new sheriff? Come riding in to clean up the town." The man sarcastically said, earning a light chuckle from Tony. "Wasn't my intention." Rick answered, still breathing heavily. "Yea, whatever. Yeehaw. You're still a dumbass. At least your friend here knows how to be quiet, which was useless with you shooting up the place." He pointed at Tony in the last sentence.

"Rick. Thanks." Rick said, ignoring his last comment. "Glenn. You're welcome." The man, known as Glenn, shook his hand. He turned to Tony, who was looking down at the walkers piling up. "What's your name?" Glenn asked her, making her look up and look at him. "Tony, nice to meet you in this time of hell." She said as she shook his hand, earning a weak chuckle. Glenn leaned over the rail a bit, looking at the ladder, "Oh no." He said in a not-so-worried voice. Rick put his empty beretta in Glenn's green bag.

Glenn grabbed onto the ladder's railings, and all three of them looked up. "Bright side, it'll be the fall that kills us." Tony and Rick looked down with an unamused expression. Glenn shrugged, "I'm a glass half full kinda guy." He started up the ladder, followed by Rick, then Tony.

The three of them made it to the top, looking down the ladder. The walkers kept trampling over one another, not really letting them climb. "We should be safe from them." Tony verified, walking away.

Rick and Glenn followed, Glenn jogging next to Tony. "You got a group?" She asked, knowing that he wouldn't have made it this far on his own (IM SORRY GLENN BUT IN THE FIRST SEASON YOU ARE WEAK ;-;). "Yea, how could you tell?" He asked, an expression of curiosity appearing on his face. "Just instinct." She shrugged, she'd been around many survivors and could tell whether they had a group or not. Glenn nodded, "What about you? Anyone besides Clint Eastwood back there?" Tony chuckled at the last part. "Nah, I actually only met him yesterday and now we're partners. Before that, I never had anyone." She answered, Glenn's eyes widening in amazement. "You've been alone for 2 months!? And still in decent condition! Wow, remind me if we ever split up to partner up with you." He laughed, making Tony chuckle. She wasn't sure what it was, with either Rick or Glenn, but strangely, she felt like she could trust them. 'Maybe I should wait awhile to see... I don't want to give my trust away so easily.' Tony thought.

The three of them walked across a bridge-like structure that lay over an alley, connecting one building to the other. "You the one who barricaded the alley?" Rick spoke up, making Glenn turn to face him. "Somebody did-- Guess when the city got overrun." Glenn climbed up a small wall as he spoke. Tony and Rick only pushed themselves on hopped over, not putting as much effort as Glenn. "Whoever did it was thinking not many geeks would get through." He broke into a jog, Rick and Tony at his heels.

They got to a rusted latch. "Back at the tank, why'd you stick your neck out for us?" Rick asked, waving his finger between him and Tony. Glenn opened the latch, dropping down the bag and started to climb down, before pausing. "I call it foolish, naive hope. That if I'm ever that far up shit creek, someone might do the same for me. Guess I'm an even bigger dumbass then both of you combined." Glenn looked up at them, smile on his face, then continued to climb down the ladder. Tony shrugged, while Rick looked around for any walkers. They looked at each other and nodded. Rick went in first, since Tony still had weapons and if any came down she could easily kill them. Tony then followed, closing the latch on the way down.