Two Years Before

///
A year it's been a year,

I am officially a Broadway star.

I just finished funny girl. Just like my dream. It's been hard though. Well, lately everything's been hard. Sometimes I wish I were back in high school.

Everything's so different, and my marriage is falling apart. I'm trying to save it I really am. I at least owe it to Beth to give us a go. But it's like he doesn't even care anymore. He's not who he use to be. He's been like this ever since he busted up his stupid knee.

Finn and I did get married and the first four years were amazing. Everything was finally in place. The gang had all just graduated high school, and we were attending our dream colleges.

Kurt got into NYDA with me. Finn managed to get a football scholarship at NYU. We were lucky really, and it was the four of us in New York the first couple of months. Finn and I had found an apartment, and Kurt didn't want to be alone so he joined Beth, Finn, and I.

Mike had gone to Chicago to some dance school. Mercedes went to L.A with Puck to pursue music careers. Mercedes managed to drop a hit single around her seventh month there. Puck wasn't successful, and he decided to join the Air Force. Quinn was devastated even though she was in New haven attending Yale.

They dated all senior year, but called it quits after one month of trying long distance.

Santana went to louville to some cheer college and second semester she didn't want to continue that so she came down to New York to find her true calling. Right around the time when Kurt decided he wanted to work with vogue, and managed to bump up his internship status.

Santana and Britney also broke up due to the long distance of Britney repeating senior year. She stayed behind with Artie, who later came to NYU to be a director. Tina who finished brown university at the top of her class. Blaine who stared in many Broadway shows. Sam who became a professional model.

Everyone was happy living the high life, with a few struggles now and then. But they all managed to achieve their dreams.

Third year of college Finn got accepted to play for the New York Giants. We were all so proud of him, mostly Beth and I. Santana had successfully launched her new agency, so she was an agent for very famous celebrities by then. Kurt was now designing with vogue, and he was marrying Blaine.

Fourth year rolled around and Finn had already been playing with the New York Giants for a year. Britney and Santana were dating again. Blaine and Kurt were celebrating their first year married. Beth had just turned five. I was getting my degree to be a teacher, but some directors called me asking me to be fanny for funny girl.

I couldn't turn it down, so I didn't. But then Finn got into his accident.

Soon, he thought he lost everything and he started to drink. He would come home at like three in the morning, drunk.

But that was towards the end of college, now college is over and I somehow managed to finish funny girl. Of course with the help of Santana, kurt and Blaine, and even Quinn. They mostly helped with Beth, so she wouldn't see Finn in the state he was, is.

I've been trying really hard, but lately I don't know what to do. He's become more out of hand. When he's drunk it feels like he's a different person, when he's not it feels like he's in another world. He doesn't even notice me and Beth anymore.

I can't keep living like this.

"Rachel?"

I turn to find puck and Blaine holding a drunk Finn. It's two thirty, in the morning. Ever since the accident I gave Santana, and Blaine a spare key. So when Finn goes out they find him and bring him home. I always wait for him to come.

"Just lay him on the couch" I whisper

I wipe the tear. It's getting harder and harder. I don't want Beth to see him like this. Why can't he understand, he didn't loose everything just because his football career ended.

"Rachel, I'm not one to judge, but don't you think he needs help?" Blaine asks
"Yeah, this is getting way out of hand," puck adds
"Don't you think I've tried to tell him to sober up? Don't you think I've tried dumping the bottles? Because I have, but he always finds a way" I shoot back frustrated

Blaine sighs and puck bends down to where I'm sitting

"You should send him to rehab," puck explains, "at least for Beth's sake" he adds

I glance at Finn sleeping on the couch. For the first time in a long time I cry, I actually, truly cry. Since this all happened I didn't want anyone to see me fall apart, especially Beth.

"I-I c-c-an't do is anymore!" I yell frustrated

I feel blaine and puck hug me as I cry
///

Next day

///

It's 1:30 in the afternoon and he's still snoring. Before Beth woke up I decided to drop her off at Santana's and Britney's. That way I can do it here, without Beth freaking out, when he wakes up. I decided enough is enough so I went to the kitchen, got a cold glass of water and dumped it on him.

"What the hell Rachel!???" He yelled waking up sitting on the couch

I didn't say anything, I just folded my arms. He stared at me and walked to the kitchen to clean himself off. He didn't say anything either, he just got some aspirin out....and a bottle of whiskey. Before he could open it I took it from him.

"What the fuck are you doing Rachel!???" He yelled once more
"What the fuck are you doing!?? God Finn! Aren't you tired of drinking your life away!??" I ask frustrated
"Not really since I don't have one! Don't you get it Rachel? My life sucks! I am a nobody who lost his football career, therefore I have nothing!" He yells

That hurt, so I smashed the bottle in the sink

"YOU have nothing?" I ask pissed off

He didn't say anything

"Are you kidding me Finn!??? You have people who love you and support you no matter what! You have a beautiful daughter who idolizes you, but yet, you have nothing?" I ask crying

I see the guilt on his face as I yell at him. I clean up the sink and let the tears fall. When I'm done I walk out of the kitchen but I turn to him

"If you don't clean up your act then I promise you Finn, you will have nothing" I cry even more

I grab my stuff and walk out the door to go pick up Beth.

That was the last time we were together as husband and wife.