Chapter I - Strange links

En başından başla

"I will tell you if you tell me who you are."

The girl sighed, but decided to answer.

"My name is Kaien. No last name. Now tell me where Itachi is!"

"I'm afraid I do not know Itachi." Kakashi said, and then he gasped and his body convulsed as Kaien entered his mind. She was confused to find that he was being honest.

"You really don't know Itachi, do you, Kakashi?" she said sadly, a lump in her throat.

"No, I'm afraid not. But... how do you know my na-ah!" he cut off as he caught sight of the hand sign and his body paralysed again. Then she released.

"Then... who was the boy outside I mistook for Itachi?" she asked, tears falling onto the bedsheets.

"Uchiha Sasuke. Itachi's younger brother."

My POV

My eyes widened at that.

"I thought Itachi was the last Uchiha!"

"No, he left Sasuke alive."

The door flung open and crashed into the wall, revealing the furious looking Uchiha. He charged over to me and grabbed me by the neck. Kakashi sighed, but seemed confident that I would be fine. Well, at least he knew strength when saw it.

"What do you know of my brother?!" the raven haired boy demanded, his grip on my throat tightening.

"You... look just like him... Itachi..." I smiled, softly running my thumb over his cheek. "But... not as mature..."

I put my hand over his wrist and pressed softly, and he gasped as his grip on my neck loosened, and his arm fell limply to his side. He, and Naruto and Sakura who were gaping from the doorway, failed to notice the subtle hand signs I had been performing.

"Itachi could also block the early stage of my jutsu." I said calmly, sitting back down on the bed. I smiled at the Uchiha boy, and he glared at me.

"What did you do to me?!?!" he grunted, and I could tell he was trying to move his arm.

"She stopped the blood flow to your arm." Kakashi said, and I looked at him and gasped; he was focusing on me, and his left eye had been uncovered. There was something about that eye...

"Are you an Uchiha too?!" I asked, and he shook his head. Then how..?

"Uh, hello?! Sensei! And you, red-haired girl! Sasuke-kun's arm?!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm not holding the jutsu anymore, it will wear off in a few minutes." I smiled at him again, I couldn't get over the resemblance between him and Itachi. He was already getting some movement back.

"That jutsu... what is it?" Kakashi asked, concerned.

"Like it? Its a little jutsu I created while alone in my room at night, when the rats would scurry under my bed. They scared me at first, then when I was five, I was practising the hand-signs shishou had taught me, and suddenly all the rats were frozen, under my control. After a while, I developed it so that I could stop their blood flow all together, just by looking at them." I smiled darkly, then giggled. "I don't do that to friends though. You are friends, right?"

Kakashi sweat dropped.

'what a strange kid...' he thought.

"Well of course you are! You brought me here to get well, after all!" I said in a bright voice, and then grinned widely, the dark and dangerous look on my face disappearing. They all looked slightly concerned. Kakashi even called a nurse to check I didn't have a brain tumor or something, which offended me greatly.