Chapter 67: Part 1

Beginne am Anfang

Lauren didn't respond and instead averted her gaze.

"Most likely." Mr. Jauregui responded for her, "I happen to be missing around 7 thousand."

"Sounds like a classic Cara move."

Mr. Jauregui laughed, "God, were you such the trouble maker weren't you?"

"The worst."

Lauren shivered each time we heard her voice. It's simple sound pulsating through her nerves like a poison. Oddly, I was experiencing the same sensation.

"Well look at you now. All grown up and running your father's company." He proudly smiled.

No one else seemed to notice but Cara stiffened and her smile flattered, "Yes."

"Well," He said nudging his daughter, "Are you just going to stand there without greeting a friend?"

"She's not my friend." Lauren spit.

I looked at her in surprise because she had recovered from her shock.

Cara furrowed her brows in confusion before she brushed it off and smiled, "Hey Lauren. It's been a while."

Lauren turned to face her, "No shit Sherlock."

Cara didn't seem fazed by Lauren's snarky comment. She shrugged and said, "It's nice to see you. You look good."

Lauren tightly squeezed my hand.

"There's something different about you too..." Cara pondered, as she pulled Lauren's chin closer to her face with her index finger. She carefully examined her. Every detail and change had been significant since the two had last seen eachother. It intrigued the blue eyed girl. Maybe a little too much.

I cleared my throat.

Cara's eyes suddenly met mine. A small smile creeped on her face as she briefly checked me out, "Oh hey, I didn't see you there. I'm cara, an old friend of Lauren's." She said holding out her hand.

I didn't shake her hand. Instead, I protectively wrapped my arm around Lauren's waist, "I'm Camila. Lauren's girlfriend." I quickly addressed.

Cara cocked her head in slight confusion before she stifled a chuckle and said, "Well, you're much cuter than Lauren's taste would ever allow."

My eyebrow twitched in slight annoyance.

"Anyway, it's nice to meet you."

"Yeah." I simply replied before she turned her attention back to Lauren.

"It was nice seeing you again." Cara said.

Lauren didn't say anything.

"Well, I'm going to get going now. See you tomorrow night." She directed towards Mr. Jauregui before she glanced at Lauren and then walked towards a red Porsche.

Seconds later, the blonde was driven off. In that instant, I picked up Lauren's gym bag and was going to direct her out but she was already one step ahead of me.

She grabbed a pair of car keys from a bowl and walked right past me.

I followed after her as she walked towards her car in the driveway.

She was trying to leave again. But I wasn't going to let her.

"Lauren." I called.

She ignored me and opened the car door.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She turned to face me with the most desperate expression I had ever seen in my life.