Voices

"Oh shut that alarm off. There is no way it is time to go to school yet." I said as I rolled over.

"I set it early so I could get in the shower before you."

"I'm going back to bed then wake me up when you get out."

"Kara wake up." It was my brothers voice. I jumped up and looked around there he was in the corner.

"Jeb?" I got up and walked to him

"You can hear me?" Then just as fast as he was there he was gone.

"Nevaeh?" I yelled.

"What?" she yelled back. I was still weirded out, but I was not sure this is something I needed to share with her. Maybe I was insane.

"Nothing just a huge spider but I got it." she laughed from the bathroom. I got up and started towards the kitchen I needed a drink. I was not sure how this had happened. Maybe I was seeing a ghost, but if I was seeing my brothers ghost that had to mean my brother was in fact dead. Didn't it? I had seen many movies where people see ghosts and most of the time they were dead. That was too much to think about. When I finally got to the kitchen I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge. I took a drink and sat down at the bar in the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" I looked over to where Nevaeh was standing and smiled. I shook my head and downed the rest of the orange juice. I rinsed the cup out and put it in the dishwasher.

"I am going to get in the shower."

"Do you want some breakfast." she asked as she started pulling out stuff for pancakes.

"Yes that would be great!" I said and ran off to the shower.