First Dirt Road

As I got in her car I did not say anything. I was not sure really what to say. What do you say to a friend when you are going on a hunt to find a house in your dream. Luckily she broke the silence.

"What happens if we do find it?"

"I guess we go inside." I replied. "but right now we do not have to worry about that." I turned the music up hoping it would end the conversation. To a point I was scared we would find it. Scared we would find my brother, my dead brother. I was not going to let her think I really believed we would find it.

Finding a house that is in a dream is not something that normally happens. Though I have honestly only heard of it once. My father was a paramedic and worked a lot. He did many things other than this, but this by far was his favorite. He once had a dream that he got a call to a house, and when he went inside to get the patient they shot him. Well one day he got the call to the house he saw in the dream, luckily he did not get shot, but he was scared to go in, but he still had a job to do.

"Here is a map!" she stated, "I mapped everything out to make sure we did not miss anything. I did no more than fifteen miles from your house. It is all in a big circle the roads we go down we will mark off, we should be able to cover it all in one week if we play our cards right."

"Do you know how many people would think we are crazy for looking for a house in a dream, that might or might not exist." I laughed a little to myself trying to lighten the mood. We headed in the direction that she had number one on.

"Your welcome."

"For?"

"Making you look crazy!" She then started giggling rolled the window down, turned the music up, and started singing. I could not help but laugh until I saw the child. She slammed on her breaks. The music was still blaring, but we were both staring at the child in the middle of the road. I turned down the music and got out of the car. It was a little boy, he looked like he had not taken a shower in weeks. I walked over to him.

"What are you doing buddy?" I asked. He just stared at me. "Are you okay?" He looked up at me. He had beautiful blue eyes. "What are you doing out here?" He had to be around the age of six or seven. He then lifted up his arm and pointed to the left. I turned my head and looked at the dirt road, when I looked back the little boy was gone.