Red Shoes

As we pulled into the school parking lot I felt relieved. You know it is a bad time at your home life when you love going to school. All I hoped for was no more of those lost boys showing up. It was so confusing about how they all just showed up on that one road. None of them talked and they all wanted us to go down that road. Even though I knew we had to eventually I really did not want to go into that house. I figured that is where we would start today. I am sure we would not find anything, but if we did I was not sure what my reaction would be.

"So after school we will meet up here and we will head back to the house we found yesterday. We have to get in the house. This is so exciting I know we are going find something." Nevaeh stated. I could not see how she could be so excited about this.

"Alright." I knew we needed to go down the road the boys had pointed down, but just like her I was avoiding it for now.

"Lighten up Kara! We could find your brother and he could be fine. You never know."

"That is what I am scared of, finding him."

"And what happens if he is alive and we do not go looking for him, and he is in that house Kara. We have to at least try."

"Nevaeh I do not want to talk about it. You know I am against going looking for the house."

"But it has got pretty interesting and you know it." I smiled at that. I wasn't sure if it was interesting or scary. I opened the car door and got out of the car.

"I guess." I stated as she got out of the car. We walked into the school side by side. She smiled as Greg walked by and winked at her. "Are you kidding me?"

"What?" she laughed knowing exactly what I was talking about. "He is for sure my perfect pair of red shoes!" She laughed as we walked into the school.

"So how is your day going?" I asked as I sat down at the lunch table outside. I was so happy it was so beautiful outside today. I loved being outside.

"It was going great." she stated as she pointed to Greg with his arm around Meghan.

"You realize that he is such a player right? Not even worth your time." I said as Matt walked up to our table. Now Matt was one of our guy friends that had been in love with me for as long as I could remember. I just did not see him like that. Sure he was cute. Maybe I was just not into dating right now. He always teased telling me one day I would fall absolutely head over heels in love with him. Who knows maybe one day I would.

"But look at that body." I laughed as she did her puppy dog eyes and started laughing.

"Ew girls I thought you had better taste than that!" Matt said as he sat next to me at the table. "Hey baby!" He said with a huge smile on his face. "Have you fell in love with me yet?"

"No I haven't, and for the hundredth time I am not your baby." I said as I took a bit of watermelon.

"Ohh, but one day you will be begging me to call you baby." He laughed. I giggled as Nevaeh raised her eyebrow.

"Ya in your dreams." I said

"So how did it go yesterday?" Matt asked changing the subject. I froze not wanting to think about it. I had been doing so good not thinking about not only hearing, but seeing my brother this morning. I had to of been dreaming this morning. There was no way he was really in the room, talking to me.

"It went fine." Nevaeh stated looking down at her food. We did not want people to think we were crazy. Just saying to myself that we saw boys that disappeared made me think we were crazy when I know we really did.

"Fine huh?" Matt knew us better than that. but knowing better than to ask more he said nothing else just watched us closely as we picked at the rest of our lunch.