Chapter Two: I Want You As Mine

Start from the beginning

"How are we supposed to finish this on one fucking week? When the fuck are we going to study? We even have that fucking play coming up! We have our damn presentation next week and this bitch is just ruining our lives!" Alyssa complained.

"I honestly agree with you," I breathed out. "But we have to do this. Besides, she's just doing her job. We can do this. You always find a way." I smiled at her.

Alyssa's lips curved into a sweet smile too as she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Thanks, Zoe. I don't know what I would do without you. You always just know what to say."

Her words made me beam out of happiness. That's right. Alyssa was my one light in this dark world. She was always there for me and it didn't matter how much Tony tortured me, as long as I still had Alyssa in my life, I could find a way to escape this hell. My stomach suddenly grumbled, making me freeze. Alyssa shot me this shocked look just before the both of us started laughing out loud.

"You haven't eaten again, huh?" She raised her eyebrow at me. When she noticed me avoiding eye-contact, she ruffled my hair. "No worries. Look," she said as she went through her bag before taking out two sandwiches. "I have two, you eat one."

I thanked her and slowly took the sandwich from her hand. I started eating the sandwich and so did Alyssa. I could help but admire her for the kind and loving person she was. I felt so blessed to have her. The sun made her features look even better that they already were. Her sharp jawline, slender figure, beautiful long eyelashes all stood out. What looked even better was her dark skin. She has this chocolate brown color that was so smooth and beautiful. She felt like my only ray of sunshine in Tony's monstrous world.

The sun burned me once again as I walked home, but I started noticing some dark clouds taking over the sky. The long sleeves were starting to bother me, because I was for one already making me take a bath in my own sweat and also making the bruises hurt more than they already did. I sighed thinking about home. Was it even home now? It wasn't the house my mother cherished anymore. It was an endless pit of misery that only worsened like an active volcano. Should I kill myself? I could, but could I pull it off? No... I couldn't. I wasn't scared of death, but not I will not let Tony have the luxury of seeing me even weaker than he already has.

"Hello there, hottie!" I heard a sudden voice behind me.

My eyes widened, but I didn't look back. Instead, I tried walking faster, but soon enough, what I feared happened. His hands clasped around my bruised wrist, making me groan out in pain.

"Oh, that was such a beautiful sound." he laughed disgustingly.

Before I could even react to what he said, he pulled me in this dark alleyway and pushed me against the wall.

"Please, let me go!" I cried.

This man looked as if he hadn't taken a bath in days. So ungroomed and disgusting was all that could go through my head. The way he forced himself on my made me think of Tony, which only worsened everything. Tears blurred my vision and instinctively my knee lifted to kick him between his legs, but before I could, he pushed his body against mine roughly, stiffening my legs. I felt hopeless. His lips pressed against my neck and the moment I felt his tongue on my skin, I felt lie throwing up.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

He let out his disgusting laugh again. "No can do, princess! I am making you mine!" his words only made me scream even louder, but the louder I screamed and the more I squirmed, the more excited he got. "Don't be scared. I'll take good care of you. Better than any other man ever will."

That only made me squirm even harder, but a sudden voice interrupted.

"Think again, motherfucker."

The man stopped and angrily looked at the person. "Who the fuck are you?"

"The guy who's gonna bust your face into pieces, you piece of shit."

The light behind him was too bright to see his face, but the figure seemed so familiar. The moment the man let go of me, I collapsed to the ground. My breathing was all over the place as well as my nerves.

"Who do you think you are talkin' to me like that? This girl is mine. I mean, I could share, but after I'm done." the man laughed again nastily.

My anxiety took a toll and everything in front of me started to get blurry.

"You see, that's where you're wrong. She's mine and Hunter Adams doesn't like to share!" he said right before he threw a punch at the man.

Hunter?!

The man fell on the ground, but Hunter still didn't stop. He grabbed him by the collar and continued punching him.

"Hunter..." I breathed out. "Please stop..." I reached towards him, but before I knew, I collapsed.

"Zoe!" I heard him call out my name before I saw his blurry figure run towards me.

Hunter helped me up. "Can you walk?" he asked as he helped me out of the dark alleyway.

When he noticed that I'm not talking, he somehow managed to get me on his back as he carried me somewhere. I closed my eyes, feeling Hunter's warmth against me. I was still shivering, since I was still in shock, but somehow being with Hunter made me feel at ease. It took a while before I was placed on something to sit. I opened my eyes and realized I was sitting on a bench and Hunter was nowhere to be seen. Did he leave?

"Here." I heard his voice and my head snapped to his direction.

He was handing me a bottle of water and I reluctantly took it. "Thank you..." I murmured as I drank some of the water.

He squatted in front of me and took of a cigarette. "Are you hurt somewhere? Are you alright now? You almost lost consciousness back there."

I nodded. "I'm s...sorry for putting you t...through that," I said in a small voice. "And thank you..."

"Are you going to be fine? Is there anything else I can do for you?" he stood up and lit his cigarette.

"No, you've a...already done enough, Hunter..." I started to mentally curse my stuttering.

The way he cared for me made my heart skip a beat. The only one who cared about me up until now was Alyssa and even if Hunter is doing this just because he wants to be helpful, I am still grateful that he at least cared and helped me out of that situation. I don't know what would've happened to me if he hadn't done anything to help me.

"Anyways, I would drop you home, but I have to meet someone very important. So, if you don't mind-"

"Oh, no! G...Go ahead! You've already done a lot. Please, do what you have to do. I'll go home myself." I said almost immediately.

He nodded and just like that, he walked off.