Cheating

"What?" I asked, sitting up and grabbing the phone. I turned off the speaker and put it on a regular call. "What do you mean?"

"He lied to you about me having a fiancé," he sighed. "Soonyoung just doesn't want me to be with you."

What the heck? What's going on?

"And how do I know you're not lying?" I huffed.

"I'll prove it to you," he began. "Meet me in front of the café where your mom works at 5 pm. I'll be off of work by then."

"Joshua, I can't-"

"Please, Nara. Just let me explain to you in person."

I sighed,"I'm not promising anything."

"I'll see you later, I'm not supposed to be on the phone during work. Bye."

"Bye."

"Oh! Nara, please go," he blurted.

"Bye, Joshua," I said, then ended the call.

I put the phone down and sighed, staring at Simba, who stared back. His head tilted to the side.

"I'm not going," I simply stated before turning around on my stomach. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

~

"I can't believe I'm actually coming," I thought to myself as I walked up to the café.

It was windy outside, which felt nice because it was incredibly hot. May weather was absolute torture. I'm risking my life for this punk, I could get skin cancer like I almost did in California.

I looked at my phone for the time: 5:10 pm. I'm late, but who cares? If one of the guys happen to drive down this street and see Joshua and I together, I'd probably die right then on the spot. I couldn't bring myself to tell Soonyoung I was going to meet up with his (apparent) archenemy. What a great fiancé I'm turning out to be.

I stopped in my tracks as I looked up.

He was there...with a girl. They were smiling and laughing.

I didn't think much of it, since I see this kind of scene in K dramas all the time, and the girl always turns out to be his sister or friend or something. So, I continued walking.

But something wasn't right. There was a feeling in my gut that had made me stop from getting any closer than I already was.

Right when I was going to call out his name to get his attention, they kissed. Kissed. I'm not joking.

My heart felt as if it was shattering for another time, and I grabbed at my shirt. I decided that it would be best if I just turn around and leave, which was what I did.

On the way back, I felt humiliated. How could I be so stupid?

They kissed. He brought be there just so I can see them kiss? Was he planning for us to talk and then right after get with his girl again? Or one of his girls.

Tears started falling off my cheek.

He's disgusting. Soonyoung was right.

~

"Holy crap!" was the first thing I said when I woke up from my nap.

Holy shit. Holy shit. It was a dream, oh my god.

I sighed in relief- wait! Relief? Nara, get your head out of your butt and think straight. You're engaged to Soonyoung. And even if you and Joshua make up and become friends again, you're only staying friends.