I Don't Know Who I Am Anymore..

I stuck my black mascara wand back into the tube and swirled it around a little. Taking it out and immediately swiping the thick brush over my lashes to make them look fuller and longer. My bright green eyes complemented my freckles, along my nose and cheeks nicely. I reached up to undo my top knot bun releasing my light brown almost red hair causing it to leave almost hip length, beachy waves.  I ran my fingers through my fringe to make them poof up a little more, finishing off my look. Walking over to my closet, I eyed what I was about to put on for the day, a soft magenta, strapless dress. I walked over to the mirror after I was through adjusting my dress and stared at my reflection, 

“Well Maci, as every morning this is a good as it will get.” I sighed as I grabbed my bag from my bed and tossed it over my shoulder. I walked down stairs to see my twin brother standing in the kitchen drinking out of the milk jug and putting it back in the fridge, 

“Jonas, are you ready to leave for school?” I asked, when he noticed I saw what he had just done he tried to cover it up by tossing the jug back and quickly wiping his mouth, 

“You have your own car, Maci. Dad got us each a car so we can arrive separately.” He sort of laughed under his breath after he finished his rude sentence. It’s true, our dad got us each our own car in fact any car we wanted. Jonas is a football star, guitar playing, punk who all the ladies love and go mad over. Me, well I guess you can say I’m popular in my circle of friends. I’m the one who always makes the plans, even if those plans consist of sitting at one of our houses debating the latest movie we had seen. So maybe you could say I’m not popular to the world’s standard, but I’m happy. Even if my brother doesn’t want to be seen with me outside of the house, deep down I know he loves me. 

“Plus you’re almost 18 years old; I think you can drive to school without your brother by your side. It’s our first day of senior year; I need to be at the top of my game this year.” He huffed, even though I didn’t say anything else about the ride situation. I rolled my eyes and headed for the front door grabbing my keys to my blue Mini Cooper off the hall table. 

I pulled up to school scanning the parking lot for an open spot, I saw nothing. The only thing I saw was all the popular kids talking, laughing, or making out on the hood of their cars. Among those populars was Jonas and his slut of a girlfriend, Kinsley. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, and sleeps with anyone she can get her hands on, and at the moment that is my brother. I rolled my eyes at them as I found a parking spot in the back next to my best friends, Violet and Cody. They both come around to my car door and meet me as I get out. 

Violet only standing at 5’2 was a total hippie, long, curly, black hair, and the brightest blue eyes you have ever seen, she was stunning. She had the perfect, skinny body, the kind to where she doesn’t have to work out or watch what she eats. And Cody, sweet Cody, he was only 16. Violet and I met him when he was a freshman and we were sophomores. Cody I swear could be a model; he’s one of those guys that should be on that website Tumblr. He has dark brown hair that makes his sea green eyes pop, his smile is perfect and lights up any room he enters. You may think I’m crushing don’t you? Well I’m not; I have my eyes set on my brother’s best friend, Axel. He’s British and a foreign exchange student, he just got here a month ago and Jonas swooped in and took him under his wing. He taught him all he need to know to be popular in high school, not that he needed it with that accent he could get any girl he wanted. 

“Don’t make any plans for Friday night, Maci.” Violet excitedly said as she put her bracelet clad arm through mine and began to walk.  I looked at her sort of puzzled,

“And why not?” I asked sarcastically,

“Well, I got tickets for us to go see Stanton Mcneil.” she squealed, 

“The ex-boy band guy from when we were, like, thirteen?” I grumbled and rolled my eyes. Violet yanked my arm, 

“Come on, Mace, you used to love his songs! Remember the one song you used to sing every single day, Everybody’s Heartbroken?” I slightly grinned as I began to remember the song; we started to sing the lyrics, 

“Alright, I will go as long as you have the tickets and I don’t to pay a dime.” She nodded and gave me the biggest hug. 

Maybe I’m a little excited for the concert. What could possibly happen that could make my life any worse than it already is?