21 - King Archer's Lair

Start from the beginning

"'My, she's the one I was telling you about. The new usher.", Tito Alvin said to his wife.

Mukhang nagulat si Tita pero walang tatalo sa gulat ng katabi ko.

"Wait, nagkita kayo sa FEast?! Bakit di mo sinabi sa akin?", Jeron asked me.

"Eh paano ko sasabihin sayo? I didn't know how your father looked like during that time."

"Alright, kids, kids.", his mom interrupted.

"Pasensya ka na hija ah. Kung di mo naitatanong, FEast is our-"

"Our favorite restaurant!", Jeron cut in and all heads turned to him looking puzzled.

"Can we take a seat first? Uncle Ron and his visitor might be tired.", a little voice said.

Whew! Thank you, baby girl!

Medyo energy-consuming 'tong conversation ng adults eh.

We all sat on the couch and introductions continued.

I got to know his siblings, even his niece Kylie.

"Aunt Ye, come! I'll show you my room!", the little girl said excitedly.

She held my hand and started to drag me away from the group.

I looked at the others and they were all smiling.

"Kylie, wag masyado makulit ah!", pahabol ni Achi Al.

"Yes mom!", she answered before leading me upstairs.

*****

"You are one crazy guy, shoti.", Almira said as soon as her daughter left with their visitor.

"And you're six of the worst actors.", Jeron replied, referring to his family.

"Kasi naman anak, why didn't you tell us it's her? Naitanong ko sana kay Baby kung anong favorite food niya."

"Don't worry, Mom. She eats almost anything edible.", answered the youngest Teng.

"Ang sama mo. Pero wait. Diba nga kaya ka naglayas dahil sa kanya? Tapos ngayon you brought her here sa family house?! WHAT IS AIR BRO. WHAT IS AIR.", Alyssa blurted out.

Only the men in the room didn't seem surprised.

"I knew you'd follow her.", Jeric said all of a sudden.

"And I wouldn't be amazed if you tell us na ikaw ang nagpasok sa kanya sa FEast. Kaya ayaw mong malaman niya kung sino ang owners ng resto.", he added, and the ladies were stunned for the nth time.

"Fine. I admit. Ahia's right. The truth is that Mika knows Ama and Angkong but she's not aware of our relationship with them. I decided not to tell her kasi kinwento nila sa kanya ang tungkol sakin at sa fixed marriage. So please, wag niyo na lang sanang banggitin. Can I count on you guys?"

"Of course!", they all said in unison.

"Let's go have dinner. We don't want our future in-law getting hungry.", Alvin said as he approached Jeron.

"I'm proud of you, son.", he told him wholeheartedly.

And at that moment, the youngest Teng couldn't feel any more right about his decision.