The Letter

Wednesday, October 9, 2015

My name is Jordyn Banneker, but everyone calls me Sunny.

She shakes her head and rips the paper from her notebook. She indifferently crumples it up and throws it over into the nearly full waste bin without looking. With her bottom lip caught between her teeth and her fingers sore, she starts over.

My name is Sunny, and this is why I feel like nothing in my life is gonna go right.

She groans in frustration and tears the paper from her notebook again, this time ripping it in two and just throwing it on the ground.

She puts her head in her hands and exhales deeply. Maybe a break is needed, if the lump of defeat slowly building in her chest is anything to go by. She's been at this for hours.

How does one write a suicide note, anyways?

She wants to let them, the few who care about her, know why she did this- or will do. But she doesn't quite know how to do it, not right. Not in a way that would stop them from blaming themselves. Or maybe they should. She's felt guilty her whole life, maybe it's time someone else took the blame.

She shakes her head again. No, that won't solve anything.

The whole purpose of this letter is for them to not blame themselves. But maybe that's why she doesn't know where to start. She doesn't need to write this letter to appease anyone. She needs to tell her story. To finally get everything off of her chest and be free of the secrets once and for all.

With a renewed sense of dedication, she picks up her pen again. This time there will be no ripping of paper or censoring herself.

My name is Jordyn Banneker, but everyone calls me Sunny. And these are the last days of my life.

__________________________________________________________________________________

First actual chapter, finished. I will officially be starting this story. And I'm excited. Before I go any further, I do want to let it be known that it will contain MAJOR triggers like mentions of rape, self harm, and attempts of suicide. Thanks for reading! Also, italicizes writing will be Jordyn writing the letter.