VII

"Then let's go."

"Does this mean we can have scandalous bus sex?"

Gasping and slapping his chest, I shushed him in hopes that no member of the public heard his outrageous inquiry. That was the problem with Justin, he had no filter. He said whatever he was thinking (quite literally) and that was never really a good thing.

"I would, you know. I'd never shy away from an audience." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "I can believe that."

THREE DAYS EARLIER

"So I may have read that letter you got whilst you were sleeping..." He started, causing me to look like a deer in headlights as I hit him across the chest, (I do that alot, huh?)

How dare he go through my things without asking! Prying into my business as if it was any concern of his. Hmph.

"Where is this Noah guy? And who is he?"

I stared at him blankly for a moment, contemplating whether or not to elaborate on the matter at hand.

Why did he need to know, anyway? Did he know him? Doubtful.

"Portland." I answered, avoiding the latter question.

"Then let's go."

I looked at him in confusion, "What?"

"I said let's go. It's only like three or four hours by bus and besides, I need to grab some things."

The idea was reasonable, I suppose, it killed two birds with one stone – but I didn't particularly want to travel with Justin, because it meant we'd actually have to talk to each other.

(Which would probably lead to an argument since neither of us can tolerate how stubborn we are as individuals)

"Come on, Parker..."

I avoided eye contact with him, whilst I chewed on my bottom lip. I really did want to go to Portland, but I was just nervous.

"So we'll just go there, do our business and come straight back? No loopholes or catches?"

"No loopholes, no catches."

Sighing, I nodded, "Fine."

END

"Why did you choose to sit at the back?" I asked, shifting uncomfortably, "I hate it."

"Because I thought we were gonna have scandalous bus sex." He repeated his earlier statement, causing me to scoff.

"Dream on."

"You're too prudish." He muttered, causing me to roll my eyes, "I think you're mistaking prudish for self respect."

His large hand came to rest on my inner thigh, causing my skin to burn in an instant. If this kid tried anything, I'd slaughter him without mercy.

"So, I don't know anything about you." I started, trying to keep my mind off of his wandering hand.

"There's nothing to know." He shrugged, circling the button on my jeans.

"Lies, I-I have a question." I announced, sitting more upright and taking his hand from my waistband and placing it back in his lap, feeling myself get flustered.

"Go for it."

"If you guys can pay me to live at my home, why can't you just all chip in and get a place of your own?"