Prologue:

"So, ma. Would you please explain to me again why I'm staying with strangers who I have never met?"

"Sweetie" she begun. "Like I said- they aren't strangers, they're family friends. And, as I told you multiple times something came up with the house and we currently can't move in yet so while I fix that mess you'll be staying with the Frantas'"

I sighed. "But why? Why can't I just stay with you?"

She turned to me, with an expression of sorrow. "Because baby, I'll be staying with a friend, and there isn't much room. Plus I'll be working; along side with trying to fix the problems of moving into the house and I probably won't be home as often as I should be, and I don't want you to be alone, okay? Do you understand?"

I smiled lightly, shaking my head in agreement. "Yes, ma. I understand. Just don't overwork yourself okay?"

She grinned, "I won't, and I'll make sure to call you regularly to check up on you, you can't get away from me that easily"

I smirked, "I wasn't planning on it".

---

A/N: Oo, hello. This isn't really important unless you aren't understanding what was said in the prologue. So, basically Troye and his ma moved to a house in Minnesota, but something came up with the house so they can't exactly live in it yet meaning Troye and his Ma need somewhere else to stay. So, seeing as Troye's Ma will be staying with a friend of hers, plus working she didn't want Troye to be alone, so she called The Frantas' (a family friend) to see if it was okay if Troye could stay there with them because they have a son so Troye wouldn't be alone. :)