Chapter 24 or something: the devils breath

Chase came out of the restaurant grinning like he had just stolen candy from a baby, (yep, he was that evil, well when it came to his and Jacksons dare war he was) the pretty girl from the drive through was being dragged behind him. Great, now we're gonna get done for kidnapping. Just my luck.

One of my phones started ringing and i pulled them out to see which one it was and saw it was the black iPhone with the red case. Crap!

~*~

Flashback

"Ok, you listening?" Jace asked seriously. "Yep" i said moving my head so i could see the Super Bowl. "Seriously! Look, ugghhh. Well anyway, you have this phone which is your personal one, it's the white one with the yellow casing. The black one with the red casing is the emergency one, basically the gang one but issues that can't wait. The black one with blue casing is less priority gang related issues and the white one with the green casing is the one only me, Franco and the most important people like government leaders to contact you. Ok? We're you even listening?" I turned my attention from the game to him.

"Why would 'government leaders' and 'important people' want to talk to me?" I say having to put the tub of Ben and Jerry's in between my legs to do the little quotation marks. Oh god, to cold.

"Look, you're gonna grow up one day and take responsibility, you'll graduate this school and become as great as Franco; maybe greater!" He sighed and dumped himself back onto the beanbag of the gang house.

It's summer term and most of the gang in this state came for a massive party and BBQ. Yes gangs have family BBQs too, it's just we're usually more possessive about our famalam, cause we chose it.

So yea, watching the Super Bowl on the side of the house, using a massive projector was pretty cool.

The cool summer air was licking the back of my neck.

I had recently just got back from Canada visiting Harry and his family. We take turns on who we visit and everyone was at mine. Everyone in our little group had gotten really used to each other and we didn't think we would last all this time without each other. We didn't want to find out.

I knew we should of invited Harry when his mom phoned up saying he was crying because i wasn't there to check the monsters under his bed were happy and wouldn't eat him. Justin tried to do it but Harry insisted it had to be me, so i had to FaceTime him and check through that and play him a song. I usually sing to him to get him to go asleep, or try out my new songs in front of him because he's dead honest. I mean honest.

If you had your flys undone he would tell you up front. Yea, brutal, i know.

End o' flashback

~*~

The phone still ringing in my hands brought me back to reality. Good times.

I climbed out the car and pressed the green button.

"Hey, it's me Jace. " i could see him running his hand through his jet black hair.
"I know, there's a caller ID" i said in a duh tone.
"Yea, well, anyway, there's this girl-" i cut him off "be up front just ask her out, you'll smash it bro" i mocked. "Why are you using the red phone for girl advice?"

"Dude, listen, you have to pick her up at 7 milestone av, got it. I dunno what's in there but you have to be quick." With that he hung up and sprung into action knowing that when Jace made a call on the red phone it means trouble with a gang member, and they're family.

"Move" i said to Mathew who pulled over to me. He say my eyes darken knowing that shit is going down. Clumsily piling into the back. I didn't wait for him and got in and pressed the accelerator swerving out of the parking lot. A lot of complaints were coming from the back about my driving. Apparently i was going too 'fast', too 'swervy' and too slow from Jackson and Chase. I look back too see about five teenagers in a bundle with Spike in the middle eating a 48 nugget share box. Calmly may i add. Can't blame him for not sharing.

I wouldn't.

Ever.

I pulled up to the back gates of the White House and they opened on licence plate recognition. Cool right? Ima gonna get me some of that shit for the gang house.

I jumped out the car and ran over to my Harley Davidson and baby. Yep, Harley was what i called my girl. Red race stripes, Mia Bella. Mathew came running over and jumped on his, blue stripes on his girl.

"Dude, it's gang business. It may get messy." He grinned, "yeah, well someone who thinks rationally has to go." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair before sliding on my helmet.

We sped off; the dry air begging me to stop. But i kept going, hoping that this girl, whoever she is, is alright. I don't like losing people, not in my family. Not ever. Not again.

~*~
Flashback

I lifted the lid of the piano slowly, like it could break at any second. Aiden took a seat at the stool and i walked over to a guitar leaning on a stand. The acoustic was a wooden, simple, but beautiful.
I sat on a stool and a mic, i flicked on a button and a red light flashed showing that sound was being recorded. Aiden smiled at me and pressed his fingers onto the keys, he started singing gently and took me into my deepest thoughts and traumas.
But it didn't hurt, not with him.
He is my haven.
He is my hell.
My reality.
Play vid and Blake raps by the way

So, vote
Comment
Share
Because you know you want to