Chapter 16: the funneral and the aftermath

Also ideas for the hall later and this is the only music cover that YouTube would allow and fitted the character, i don't know if he's allergic to pineapple or that guy died from what that fan done to him but, if you want look up the real twenty one pilots version. :)

"Death doesn't happen to you, it happens to the people around you"~

That's the picture we used for the funneral, the whole school turned up and payed their respects. Most people knew us, he helped out by teaching some of the others math classes and also by my status his picked up to. We were called the golden couple. Even if the hadn't spoken to him personally everyone had heard about him. Just the fact people walked past him in the corridor everyday was a shock.

About 3000 people came, all standing round a little tomb stone. It would of been funny if it was a different occasion. Everyone's somber expressions made the atmosphere mournful.

The priest spoke and snapped me out of my thoughts. "We lay, to rest, a loving, brother, son, freind, and partner" he continued with the usual speech, that made me think. I didn't really know about his home life, i don't think anyone did. I wonder if he had family. I hope they're alright, coping.

The only reason I'm not on tears on the floor wasting my life away wishing him back, is because he would've killed me, there are too many people who need me right now. I wish they didn't. But it's who i am, and Aiden loved me for who i am, so I'm not gonna change around the people i love.

But there's one thing that's different, since i became really happy at the school Chase seemed to disappear from the back of my mind, slowly. But then, when i snapped that night he came back. As fast as he did before. Before this place.

~*~
Flashback

"YOU ARE NOTHING! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! It's all your fault" he stopped shouting now, he's just sneering at me with judgment filled eyes. "THEY WOULDNT OF COME IF IT WERENT FOR YOU! I DONT KNOW WHY THE HELL SHE WANTED TO KEEP YOU! WE SHOULD OF NEVER OF ADOPT-" he was cut off as a sound echoed through my head causing a real bad pain. I knew he was still shouting but i couldn't make sense of it, the last thing i registered was about never something. How can my own father say that to me. His own flesh and blood. I must of done something real bad. It's my ninth birthday today. The beatings are always worse because apparently it's the day it happened. The day he lost her. The day i lost him.

'Dont worry, I'll stop this. I just need time to learn control. It gonna be fine. '
what? Who the hell? I've finally lost it, I'm talking to myself now!? Great. Just great.
'Please calm down' a sense of trust and a slight wave of a need to giggle washed over me 'i don't know if you've noticed, but you can feel any pain. Take a break, I've got your back ' the British accent caught my attention. It was husky, deep. Well at least tell me your name since were room mates!? He laughed at this which i could just about see my father look at me with confusion. Then he just carried on. It feels like I'm in a cinema, an interactive cinema. I feel safe, comfy. 'Chase, that's my name. I'm basically all your anger and frustration, i know i sound bad but i care about you and would die protecting you' he said reassuringly.

~*~
End of flashback

Since Aiden left Chase been very pissy, every time someone mentions Aiden he tenses up and takes over. He only lets me have control when they say that they're sorry for my loss or something like that. He's scared that they'll say something bad about Aiden. He doesn't think I'll be able to handle it, i know i won't but, he defiantly won't.