Chapter 13: The new kid

Ideas for what their rooms might look like.

I stood up and walked slowly across to the door, i pulled the butterfly knife i used earlier and held it behind my back. I opened the door slowly, the tension think in the air.

A boy our age stood by the door with a duffle bag in his hand. "Yes?" I said.
The boy shifted uncomfortably, "erm, I'm sorry, the others said you would be somewhere up here or something and i heard voices so i knocked." He seemed timid, his accent was British, wonder why he's here? "The others?" I thought aloud. "Yeah," he said "the adults, the big muscly guy and the tall creepy one"

He was talking about the people who first 'welcomed' us. Jeb spoke up, "what did you get shipped here for?"
The boy looked up from his feet and a flicker of a smile crossed his face, "i got a scholarship," that's weird. A scholarship to a school for bad kids? I don't even understand anything right now. I flicked shut my butterfly knife and stepped aside to let him in, he looked around timid again. "Well, now that's out the way I'm bored" chase whined.

"Right, that's it!" I said, everyone's eyes where on me "let's go out to lunch, I'm starving"
"There's a cafeteria here though" Ashley said a disgusted thought about what it might serve. "Actually good idea... SHOTGUN!" She shouted and ran out the room. Everyone looked at each other and all jumped up trying to squeeze through the small door frame.

Me and the new kid just stood there staring trying to hold back laughter. I walked over to the window and saw a gutter pipe by the window and the cars parked on the drive below, only a story or two up, easy peasy. Jace showed my how to land one after noon when we got bored. I tapped the new kid who was laughing his ass off at the now completely stuck teens wedged in the door. He turned to me and i signalled for him to follow me over to the window. I swung my leg over the seal and started to climb down, "what are you doing? Your gonna get yourself killed!" He whisper shouted. I smiled at him "make sure they don't ruin my funeral then" he grinned and continued climbing down till i was a couple feet off the ground, i jumped and landed in a roll, i dusted off my clothes. "Come on!" I shouted up, he started to climb down shakily. He was about 3/4 of the way down when he looked down. Big mistake. "I really don't think i can do this! I'm gonna die!" He shouted down in panic, "dude, you've got like 5 to 10 feet to go!" I shouted back up, trying to reassure him. Trying being a key word.

"Help my hands are slipping!" He started to really panic now, his knuckles were white, and he was shaking. I ran beneath him ready to catch him, he was quite small, and wasn't too far up.

He slipped and fell through the air, he fell into my hands and then the force pushed my legs down so i was also on the floor.

I looked at the figure piled on top of me and started laughing at his shocked expression. It was too good. He slowly started laughing as well. When the others finally made it down they all stopped and looked at us laughing hysterically on the ground, they probably think we're mad. Spike and Mathew pushed their Afros back, in confusion, at the same time. Then they all just turned and ran for the cars, i helped the new kid up and brushed myself off. "Hey, i never did get your name"
"Aiden" he said wiping away tears from laughing so hard.
"Sweet, let's get in the back of Spikes truck, it's better then the crammed compartment. He noodled and we both jumped into the back of the red pickup truck.

We left Harry drawing and watching TV with Jeff in the Twins room. I didn't want to have to talk to the adults again so soon.

~*~

"NOOOO, SSSTTTOOPPP, PLEASE!?" Spike screamed as we all started saying that the Cubs were crap. We are currently driving towards a dinner Mathew saw on the way, the summer breeze was warm against my neck and face, my short light hair danced in the wind. "Hey, " Aidens voice croaked after breathing in the wind "i think I'm gonna like it here" he said with a smile dancing on his red lips, it's only now that I've stopped and examined his features. He has dark hair and a slightly tanned body, completely opposite to me, I'm more pale with light blonde hair. He doesn't have much muscle but with the stereotypical nerd glasses hiding his facial features, but if you looked closely you could see a chiseled jaw line and big brown smouldering eyes. He could easily be a model if he had more confidence.