Right now, I’m sitting with Niall on the couch, he told me he wanted to discuss something that he found was majorly important.

“Can you tell me now?” I asked impatiently.

“I’m just worried you won’t be happy about it.”

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I looked over at him, getting a bit distracted by his brown roots and blonde dye. It made me thankful that my mum was a natural blonde and I got blessed with natural blonde hair.

“How bad could it be?”

“I guess I’ll just rip the band-aid,” Niall mumbled, “Dad wants to talk to you.”

I couldn’t help but gasp slightly. “What?”

“He knows about what happened with Shawn, I told him about it.” He admitted. “He feels awful, he wants to talk things through with you.”

I stayed quiet. Last time I saw my dad, he denied me as his daughter, and he was disappointed that Niall had brought me into his life. I’m just worried he’s only accepting me because he feels bad.

“It’s all fake,” I mumbled.

“What’s fake?”

“His reasoning to see me, he just feels bad.” I spoke looking right at Niall. “If he really cared, he would have talked to me before he found out anything about my past.”

“He’s still your dad, Ally. He’ll explain everything when you see him.”

“...and when is this happening?”

Then the door bell rang and I knew immediately that Niall had set him up to come now. I wasn’t sure why I felt so nervous. I guess because this is all so sudden.

“Niall!” I yelled, crossing my arms over my chest angrily. “You invited him now?”

“You’ll thank me later, sis.” He walked over to the door and let him in. He gave our dad a quick hug before whispering something in his ear. Niall brought him over to the room I was in and then left me alone with him.

I looked down and my hands, inspecting them rather than looking at my biological father who had denied me as his child his entire life. I felt the weight of his body dip the seat that was next to me. I kept my face downwards not willing to look him in the eye.

“Allison...”

He paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts and trying to put them into words.

 “I’m so sorry.” He whispered.

I shook my head keeping my head down while talking. “It’s fine, everything that happened is done, I’ve moved on and I’m living my life perfectly.”

“Not just about that.” He said. “I’m sorry about that way I treated you last time I saw you. I’m sorry for dismissing you and not even giving you the chance you really deserved. I messed up, and I regret everything I’ve ever done to you. I should have welcomed you as easily as I welcome Niall. You are my child and I’m willing to do what it takes to make you feel like a part of the Horan family.”

“I’m fine with how things are, I’m not holding a grudge on you, but I just don’t want to feel like and intruder to the family. I’m fine leaving things the way they are now. I’m happy as it is anyways.”

“I promise you’ll be even happier if you let me regain your trust, I love you no matter what. I may never have shown it because of everything that happened, but I always loved you. You’re my only daughter. I know my wife would love to meet you, I’ve told her about you a lot recently and we’ve been keeping up with the new reports and such to see how you’re doing. You also have an older brother, older than Niall, Greg. He’s also been keeping up with the media. Our whole entire family wants you in their lives.”