Chapter Eleven

"Uhm... so it's not okay?" Jaden looked at me nervously. I forced a smile.

"It's alright!" I said in my best happy voice. "Sorry if this place is a bit old. I never have the right tools."

"Ah, right. That's okay. As long as it's habitable, I'll be fine." Jaden entered the room, taking a scan in this mouldy place. "Not too bad. I've seen worse." He said. "I've been in the Devil's lair before. It's dark, red, and violent."

I clenched my fists in annoyance, yet I forced a gasp. "Oh my! How did you survive?"

"Oh, I've snuck around, toying the Devil Girl so she could let me in and out of her world." He said. That prick! Telling secrets that he sworn not to say!

I faked a gasp again. "You're very brave. I didn't know the Devil is a girl!"

"Haha, there's a lot of secrets rolled out from her world. I know a lot."

Haha, you don't even know a quarter of it. Don't act so powerful.

"Amazing! Tell me more." I said as I sat on the rocking chair. He sat on the floor, telling me everything he knew about the Devil. AKA, me.

"And she's like a vampire, she gets hurt in the sunlight. She recovers from the dark."

"...interesting." I forced a grin. I'm sick of this sicko. "I'll... I'll prepare dinner." Instead of zapping him (I don't even have that power anymore. Sigh.), I exited the house and looked for some food. I got a few berries, nuts, and fruits. I got back to see Jaden outside, a small pot filled with water and a small fire below it.

He has a bloody red meat chopped into small pieces. A deer, probably. "It's a bit bland like this, so put some nuts and salt." He advised. I forced a smile and put in some almonds and chestnuts.

"There ya go." I said.

"Do you have any salt and pepper? How about-"

"I got raided the other day." I lied.

"...oh. Well then, I guess the stew is done. Do you have bowls?"

"I guess..." I muttered, running towards my house. I found several oak bowls in the kitchen cupboards, so I took them and gave them to Jaden.

"Thanks." He said, and put the deer soup into each bowl. "Here."

I plastered another smile and took the bowl from his hand, nearly snatching it away. I lifted the bowl into my mouth and drank the soup. I picked up the deer meat with my fingers, then chewing the meat with fixed nuts in it. A bit tasteless, but not bad. When I finished, I stood up. "Excuse me." I said.

I need to drink some water. Where's the river? I should've asked Lucifer for some directions...

"Uhh... creek is that way." Jaden pointed to a direction.

"Oh! Ah, sorry. I actually just built this place, so I sometimes forget the direction to the river." I innocently scratched the back of my head.

"You built this in a day?"

"Three days!" I lied.

"Yet you still forget where's the river?"

"Well, I'm just not really good in navigation... well, gotta get some water!" I grabbed a large, clay, pot and brought it to the stream. When I reached the river, I crouched down to see a blue skinned girl with navy blue hair, a blue fishtail for legs. She was swimming playfully in the river.

"A mermaid?" I asked aloud.

"A nymph." She corrected. "Why, you must be the ex-devil. You're Madison now, aren't you? Lucifer told me."

"Yeah." I scowled. "Can't believe father stripped my immortality and powers. At least I can walk at daylight now."

"Yeah. And I my dryad friends told me there's someone near your 'house'. Is it the Jaden boy?"

"Yeah. He's responsible for this. Well, I have no idea how to 'learn my lesson', but what can I do? I can't defy anyone anymore."

"Well, don't worry, Madison. On the bright side, you're not trialed to execution."

"Really? I can't die, nymph."

"Uh, you can, remember? Your father stripped away your immortality." 

I facepalmed myself. "I forgot, dammit. I should seriously remember that before I make a mistake. Like death."

"Definitely. But uh... aren't you supposed to fill that hydria?" She pointed at the pot.

"Oh. Right." I filled the hydria with water, then carried it back to my... house. "I'm back." I replied, putting up with the best grin I can make.

"Oh, finally! I was going to look for you. But it seems like I don't have to." Jaden smiled.

I shouldn't kill him. Not just yet. He can help me survive for now, since I don't know the human world that well. But one day, I'll give him a big reveal, then kill him. 

"Where do you live, Jaden?" I asked innocently.

"Oh, somewhere to the west. Why?"

"Oh, it's been so long since I've gone to a place with civilization, I don't remember how it even is now." I replied.

"Oh. In that case, would you like to cruise by a bit? I'll let you stay in my house for a night or two. Maybe even taste some real food."

"That would be very appreciated, thank you." I thanked him.

"I'm Jaden, by the way." He held out hand. I shook them, refraining myself from squeezing them too hard.

"I'm Madison."

"Nice to meet you, Madison."

"To you too."

End of Chapter Eleven

Hahaha T^T I haven't updated since last year T^T that's depressing, but I've been working on other books ^^ (though I might never publish them... or maybe I'll publish them on another account) But yeah. Sry (◞‸◟;)

SwagGirl