Conversations

I stand up, holding back the fury that threatens to overwhelm me.
"You may be my mate Hunter, but you cannot trespass on my territory after I specifically told you to stay away," I glare at him, and he clenches his jaw.

"You are my mate Shariah, though you are the Alpha of the Blue Wolf Pack. It is my duty to take you with me to my pack where I can mate with you and protect you," he crosses his arms over his chest, his biceps flexing slightly.

I look at him in the eye, and without flinching, open my mouth.
"I have my own pack to take care of, and I will not just be a 'duty' that you want to fulfil. I could care less whether you are an Alpha or an Omega, or even a rogue. Go back to your pack and think this through," I tell him, drawing myself up to my full height.

He growls, and I growl back, not intimidated by him. We step closer to each other, our teeth bared and eyes golden. I don't flinch when the other wolves cower out, leaving us alone.
"I will not leave without you," he snarls.

"I will not leave with you," I snarl back.
"You must obey me!" He growls, and I shiver as his warm breath washes over me.
"I am an Alpha. I obey no one but my sire and dam," I snap, clenching my fists and digging my nails into my palm. Suddenly, our lips connect.

He tries to press against me, but I immediately step away from him, keeping my guard up. "No, I will not do this now." I growl, shoving him away from me. "Are you rejecting me?" He growls back, a tiny flicker of hesitation entering his rough voice. "No. I am telling you to wait." After an awkward pause I move over to look out at the forest close to the house.

"I'm not leaving my pack. Since your territory is next to mine, I guess we could join packs..." I trail off, staring out the window as I calm down.
"That would be better than leaving you," he agrees, his voice low as he comes to stand beside me.

"I think you should go back to your pack and inform them. We will both be Alpha," I add over my shoulder.
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," Hunter murmurs.
"Goodbye," I watch him walk out the door, before sighing as Alec rushes in, along with the other four.

"You haven't mated?" Alec skids to a stop in confusion, staring at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes.
"It was an accident meeting with him, but we have decided that we are going to join packs and become joint Alpha's," I run a hand through my slightly messy hair as I pull it out of my bun.

"I'll talk about it more tomorrow, so for now please keep it to yourselves. Jasper, I would like to speak with you in private," I turn to look at him, and he steps closer to me as the others leave my study.

"Your Beta is interested in mating with you," Jasper watches me with his trusting light brown eyes.
"I know, but when he finds his mate he will get over it," I smile sadly at him, before taking a deep breath.

"Have the other pups settled in?" I ask hopefully, and Jasper nods.
"It is very interesting to see how your pack acts. Your pack is different to what we are used to, but I think that we may grow more comfortable when the moons pass," he shrugs.

"You have the bearing of an Alpha, Jasper," I tell him, and he looks down at the carpet, scuffing his toe.
"What do you mean?" He asks cautiously.

"If I take you as my pup, you will be Alpha after me," I tell him, and he looks back up at me.
"What about your mate?" He asks.
"I am unable to bear pups. He will need to accept you as our pup instead," I shrug, biting my lip.

"I don't want to lose my siblings," he whispers, and I bring him into a hug.
"I will protect you all, and so will my pack," I kiss his forehead, and he relaxes against me. "It's getting late. You should go to sleep now," I smile, and he pads out of the study after saying goodnight.

I shuffle into the shower, stripping my grubby clothes off before stepping into the warm water. I quickly wash off, before wrapping a towel around me and stepping into my bedroom. "Is something wrong Alec?" I ask as I walk over to my closet, keeping my back to him.

"Why didn't you mate with him?" Alec asks, and I bite my lip, turning to glance at him over my shoulder.
"I already told you Alec. Why are you here?" I sigh, grabbing pajamas and walking into my closet to get dressed.

"So that you can mate with me instead," he stands up, stalking towards me. I snarl, baring my teeth at him, daring him to come closer.
"One thing that you should already know is that I will never be unfaithful, especially to my mate," I growl, my eyes glowing fiercely.

"But you need to mate with me so that I can be Alpha," he roars, racing towards me. I grab his throat, holding him in the air.
"Don't make me do this," I shake my head sadly.

He continues to try and grab me so I throw him to the ground.
"I, Shariah, Alpha of the Blue Wolf Pack, hereby formally strip you of your Beta title," I swallow down the grief. "Because you have tried to make your Alpha become unfaithful to their mate." I ignore the tears threatening to pour down my face.

He whimpers, curling up into a ball as his body shudders. The tattoo on his forearm changes, the 'b' changing to an 'o' symbol, showing that he has become an omega. My omegas rush in, terror on their faces.

"Our tattoos, they changed Alpha!" Mark whimpers, pointing at the tattoo on his forearm.
"You are no longer Omegas. I thank you for your service. He has taken your place. You may be a delta, or a gamma now," I tell them formally, and they bare their necks in submission as they leave the room.

Brandon walks in, staring at the unconscious body of his former Beta.
"What happened?" He asks. "Why did you summon me?" Worry and concern fills his eyes.
"He tried to make me mate with him, so I stripped him of his Beta title," I clench my jaw, keeping my emotions in check.

"Do you want me to take him to the holding cells?" He asks cautiously.
"I, Shariah, Alpha of the Blue Wolf Pack, hereby promote you to Beta," I smile weakly at him as he watches his symbol change.

He shifts into his wolf, submissive before me. "Please take the omega to the holding cells," I tell him as he shifts back, and he quickly carries Alec away.
"And Brandon?" I call as he reaches the door.
"Yes my Alpha?" He turns to face me.

"Please keep this to yourself," I speak quietly, and he nods before leaving. I take a deep breath, letting all of my emotions wash over me. I clench my hands into fists, digging my nails into my palms as I try to keep myself grounded.

In the end I shift, padding into the infirmary where the pups are curled up on the floor together in wolf form. I sniff them all, making sure that they are alright before curling up beside them and falling asleep to the sound of their gentle breathing.

---------------

As the sun streams through the large windows, I grunt, hiding my face behind my paws. When I realise that I won't be able to go back to sleep, I shift back into human form, stretching slowly. I turn to look at the waking pups, greeting them softly.

"There's a big day ahead of us, so why don't you go introduce yourselves to the other pups while I get stuck into the meeting?" I offer as we walk into the bustling kitchen.
"Meeting?" Jasper asks curiously, fumbling with the strange, new word.

"Boring things where all the older wolves talk for ages about nothing and never get anything done," I explain, making them laugh.
"I'm glad that I'm not Alpha," Star giggles, playing with the long strands of her flaming hair.

"Go and eat," I shoo them off, smiling proudly at them.
"You'll make a great mother," Marie walks over to me, smiling at the energetic pups.
"I can't become pregnant," I murmur sadly, and she gasps, bringing me into a fierce hug.

"How long have you known?" She asks quietly.
"Ever since I turned sixteen," I whisper, and she hugs me again. Suddenly, a strange scent reaches my sensitive nose, and I whip my head around, trying to follow the scent.

"Alpha?" Marie follows me warily, her nose twitching as she catches the scent as well. I race outside, some of the older wolves joining me in their wolf forms as I bar the way into the mansion and the compound behind it.