Meeting

I watch the pups proudly as they help me drag the young deer carcass back to the den. I tear off a hind leg, and start to snack on it as I watch them find places in the carcass to eat, sit down, and start tearing chunks of meat out of the dead deer like there's no tomorrow.

As I gnaw on a bone, a twig snapping catches my attention. We all freeze, and I jerk my head towards the den. The pups race into the den silently, and I turn to face the wild hedge, my hackles rising.

A small pack of coyotes pad into the clearing, looking at me carefully. The biggest one steps forward, eyeing the deer carcass. I snarl, and he backs away. I snarl again, and they whimper, before disappearing into the forest.

I growl softly, and the pups trot back to the deer carcass, helping me finish it off.
Your mate is here. He wants to talk to you, Alec tells me, making me growl.

I am a bit busy right now, tell him to leave, I snap.
He won't listen to me, Alec sighs a few moments later.
I'll be there in a few minutes, I growl, before turning to the pups.

I have to go now, but I'm going to come back and bring you to meet my pack in a couple of hours, alright? I tell them, and they whine before licking me and curling up in the den.

I howl, before racing back to the pack house. I howl again as I reach the mansion, and Alec hurriedly opens the door. I brush past him, trotting up to my study, waiting for him to let me in.

As I trot in, Hunter stands up, staring at my wolf form. I shift back, grateful that we don't become naked every time we change.

"Why are you on my territory?" I ask bluntly, walking around to the other side of my desk and sitting down.
"You're a female. You're territory doesn't count," he scoffs, and in a flash I have him against the wall with my clawed hand on his throat.

"The only thing that is stopping me from killing you is that fact that you are my mate," I snarl. His eyes change, and we start growling at each other. "Like I said before, show me some respect and I'll let you get to know me," I growl, and he stalks off, driving away.

I collapse against the wall, silently crying.
"Alpha? Are you alright?" Alec asks cautiously.
"It hurts when he doesn't respect me," I admit, wiping the tears from my eyes as I stand up.

He tries to help me up but I push him away.
"I'm fine," I brush him off.
"If you don't mind me asking, where were you?" Alec asks curiously.

"You'll find out. Can you get the entire pack to assemble on the training field in wolf form? Make sure that all the pups are with their parents, and that mates stick together. And no matter what happens, keep everyone in check," I order, and Alec looks at me strangely, but rushes off to do my bidding.

I leap out of my study window, shifting before I land and racing back to the pups den.
Are you ready to meet my pack? I ask them, and they follow me as I lead them back to the Pack House.

I feel pride flow through me at the wolves assembled on the training field, all watching us curiously. My pack, these are orphaned pups. I was there when their mother died, and she entrusted them with me.

I have been waiting to change them, and I feel that now is the right time. I hope that you will accept them into the pack, and care for them as if they were your own, I tell my pack, and they all agree, united howls rising to the sky causing the pups to hide behind me.

I turn to the pups, licking them, before softly biting each one of them on the scruff of their necks. They yelp, and I watch proudly as they go through the change, and soon eight children are lying curled up on the ground in the nuddy.

You may all go about your personal business now, thank you. I shift back, crouching down near the sleeping pups.
"Can some of you help me take them to the infirmary? I need to keep an eye on them," I explain, and some of the stronger pack members help me carry them.

I gently lie Luna down on a bed, covering her with a blanket. "We need to get them clothes. Do any of you have any spare clothes that they can borrow until I can take them to the tailor?" I ask my helpers, and a couple of them nod.

"The girls look like my daughters size. I'm sure that she will be happy to help," Aaron smiles, and I thank him.
"My son should have some clothes," Maliane smirks, and I smile at her.

"They should wake up soon, so you better hurry," I urge them, and they quickly return with bundles of clothing. I get them dressed, closing the door and ushering everyone out except for the doctor as the pups wake up.

"How are you guys feeling?" I ask softly as Jasper groggily sits up.
"You bit us," he stares at me fearfully, his voice husky.
"You wanted to be part of my pack, I had to bite you. Call it a right of passage, if you will," I shrug, helping Luna sit up.

"This is Mike. He will check you to make sure that you're not sick or wounded," I tell them. They watch him suspiciously, and suddenly Star howls in fright.

"Where is my fur? And what are these?" She stares with a horrified expression at her hands and feet.
"You are a human now," I explain, standing up. "Don't worry, you can still go back into your wolf form, but I gave you a human side," I soothe them as they look at me fearfully.

"So how do we move?" Jasper sighs. I walk over to him, and Mike helps me as we help him stand up. Slowly, he starts walking, muttering and growling to himself in wolf speak.

I growl lowly as he swears, and he bares his neck in submission. Mike whimpers, and I roll my eyes at him. I turn my attention back to the pups, smiling proudly as Jasper starts walking by himself.

Soon the others master walking, except for Leo, who stumbles and trips. I help him until he gets the hang of it, glancing out at the dark sky.

"Are you pups hungry?" I smile as a chorus of yips fill the air. "I'll show you what human food tastes like," I wink, and they happily follow me into the large kitchen and dining area.

I pull out the chairs, inviting them to sit on them. Jasper and Luna sit down first, and the other pups cautiously follow their lead. I smile to myself as I spot their pecking order, feeling proud.

Marie bustles in, cooking up a storm as the rest of the pack gather around, sitting down in our large dining room. The omega and his mate slink in, helping Marie serve.

After the food is set out everyone looks to me as I look down at the food. The pups watch curiously, and I can almost see their pricked ears. I take a bite of the chicken drumstick, before grinning and motioning for everyone to dig in.

"Any updates on the rogues near our territory?" I ask Brandon, who shrugs.
"They haven't kicked up any major trouble recently, but there are a few minor skirmishes," he sighs, chewing slowly on his food.

"Alpha Shariah?" Alec races in, looking worried. "Alpha Hunter is back. And he brought a few friends with him," he speaks frantically, and I clench my jaw in frustration.

"Brandon, Maliane, Aaron and Jasper, come with me please," I stand up, before looking at my large pack. "Make sure that all of the pups and pregnant females are safe, and omegas, can you keep watch please," I bark, before sweeping out of the dining room and up to my study.

Alec walks to the front door, while the others spread out around my study. I sit behind my desk, calming my racing heart. Jasper looks worriedly at me, and I smile reassuringly at him.

He comes and stands behind me, and ruffle his hair. He whines and ducks away, pawing at the black strands. Alec knocks on the door, and I calm the growl in my throat as I smell the other wolves.

"Come in," I command, and the door swings open, revealing a submissive Alec, an annoyed Hunter, and three muscular wolves from his pack.