Chapter 1: High School

Start from the beginning

"Look at the bookworm," Keith Reynolds, also known as 'Dumbass Keith'. Well okay only I know him by that but he really is. He doesn't know the basic stuff like where your kidneys are located. He still thinks they're located under your ribs even though they're located at your lower back but there's no point in arguing. He won't ever comprehend what you're saying.

"Oh wow you know the word book," I remark and he scowls.

"Are you calling me dumb?" He asks and I badly want to say yes but I hate starting shit so I don't say anything.

"I didn't say anything," I mumble and go back to reading. Keith Reynolds is your typical jock. He has short blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and the "million dollar smile", other people have said this, not me. He's tall and buff but his legs are really scrawny which makes him look disfigured and that his body is too big for his legs which is pretty funny. He plays football but he's basically a cheerleader since he's always on the bench. He's not fast or good at football but the coach can't kick him off the team this late so he's just there to give moral support to the actual players.

"Class sit down," Mrs. Jenkins orders as she walks in as the bell rings. I lock my phone and get my stuff out. I get ready for the lesson but she sighs, "We were supposed to have a lesson today but I have a giant migraine so-"

She gets cut off by someone coming in late to class. Big shocker that it's Beau Anderson, one fourth of the schools bad boys. I forgot about this category the bad boys. Basically the boys everyone's scared of because they aren't scared to fight or talk back or do drugs or drink or drive motorcycles, you know stuff like that. The funny thing is, our school has four and I happen to have all four in at least one class.

Beau Anderson, the leader of the group, who happens to be the nice one, or so I've heard. He has black hair that goes to his shoulders, a tan complexion and big, brown eyes. He wears a plaid shirt, baggy jeans and black Vans. He also tends to be the peacekeeper of the house, I know because I've seen him stop a couple fights. He's a transfer, he transferred junior year and well, he and his friends were the talk of the school.

I don't live in a small town but ever since redistricting happened, many people were transferred from this high school to go to the other three major ones in the city. So basically all the people that went here, you went to elementary school with because we never get anyone new. All the new ones get to go to one of the other three, leaving our school boring and annoying. Now imagine how excited everyone got when we didn't get one but four new transfers to the new school and they also happen to be very attractive. Yes, I'll admit it, they are good looking.

Automatically, all the girls wanted them but they didn't want any of them. The funny thing with these four is, none of them have actually ever done anything bad. The reason they have the reputation is because of rumors. People started rumors about them saying they were kicked out of their old school for arson or they were caught smoking behind the school but they intimidated the teacher too much to report them which is why they're still here. Rumors hold a tremendous amount of power.

Mrs. Jenkins sighs and rubs her temples, "We're just going to have a free day so do whatever you want but just don't be loud."

I put my supplies back in and this time take a book out of my backpack. The book is Divergent because Allegiant is coming out soon and I need to mentally prepare myself for the fact that the series is actually ending. So I'm rereading the books and then I'll watch the movies, even though the movies failed to capture the books, but that's a discussion for another time.

Soon enough, the whole class is on their phone, texting and tweeting about not having class. There are some people being productive and using this time to finish homework, which is what I should do considering I didn't read the designated chapters for History. I think I can pass the quiz without needing to read it...hopefully.

"Evie," Keith says loudly before tapping on my desk. I roll my eyes and look at him.

"What do you want?" I ask, harshly. I don't really like Keith and I would be happy if he would just not talk to me or annoy me.

"Did you do the history homework?" He's talking about the three questions we had to answer about The Enlightenment. I did do it but I do not want to give it to him.

"Yeah but not for you to copy."

I hear his friend let out an 'ooh' before Keith let out a chuckle, "Well you can either give me the homework or I can annoy you until you do."

I smirk and take my headphones out, "Annoy all you want, I won't be able to hear it." Like I said, I'm quiet but I can stand my ground when being threatened and that's exactly what Keith is doing. I love how he thinks every girl loves to do everything he says.

"Bitch," he grumbles and I roll my eyes before going back to my book. He doesn't like being told no either. Oh well he can get over it. He always boasts he has many friends, let him ask them. Instead he wastes his time asking me. Trees are wasting their lives giving him oxygen.

But I can't help but shake the feeling that someone's staring at me. I guess that's why I feel like class is taking forever to finish. When it finally does finish, as I'm leaving, I glance towards the back and meet Beau's gaze. Our eye contact doesn't break until I'm out the door and I finally get the feeling shaken off.

First things first, why was Beau Anderson staring at me? Second of all, why are his eyes so beautiful? I take these questions with me to second period.

************************************************************************************

HEY GUYS :p SO I WANT TO SAY THANKS FOR READING AND THAT I REALLY APPRECIATE IT :) IF YOU LIKED IT, DROP A VOTE AND LET YOUR FRIENDS KNOW :) ALSO FOLLOW ME AND I'LL FOLLOW BACK :D BUT I LOVE FEEDBACK SO DROP SOME FEEDBACK.