Over Again

CHAPTER 1: OVER AGAIN

Song of the chapter: "Over Again" by One Direction

----------------------------------------------

As he walks into the place he has called home for half of my life, Draco Malfoy remembers everything that happened. The pain, the joy, everything came back to him at once. The one place that was a safe haven for him was now as cruel as the world out there.

As he walked further inside and opened the door to the Great Hal, everyone's heads turned and looked at him. He heard whispering and things like, " traitor, Death Eater, Ferret, Malfoy, Killer, and more.

Draco turned his head, looked at the ground and walked to the Slytherin table, taking a seat alone. He pulled out his MP3 player. While his father hates muggle devices, Draco thought it was pretty cool. Everyone turned their heads and stared at him as he listened to music. It was far too weird for everyone to see a pureblood using a muggle device willingly and publicly.

Just as Draco was about to write to his mother to tell her he was all good here, Pansy came over and started talking to him. Following her was Blaise.

"How are you Draco? " She asked

"I'm good, what about you."

"I'm fine as well."

"Hey mate" Blaise said

"Hey" Draco said.

They began a discussion about our classes "Well I have Transfiguration first, then Charms, Ancient Runes, and finally Double Potions along with astronomy at night," Draco said

"I have transfiguration with you and potions," Pansy said

"Me too!" Blaise said ecstatically, causing Pansy to roll her eyes. 

Theodore and Astoria came over and they all had transfiguration and potions together, which would be interesting.

Draco looked up at the door and watched as Hermione Granger walked in while talking to Ginny Weasley. She looked over at him and caught his eye for a moment, before turning away and continuing her conversation withGinny.

Ginny Weasely noticed this exchange and asked, "Why were you looking at the Slytherin table?"

"I don't know?"

"It's Malfoy, isn't it? What did he do?"

"Nothing Ginny I promise and no."

"Oh okay!" Ginny said but Hermione knew she doubted it.

Hermione and Ginny reached the Gryffindor table and started discussing their time tables.

"I have Transfiguration Charms Ancient Runes and finally Double Potions. I have astronomy later at night. " Hermione said

"I have Transfiguration, Ancient Runes, Herbology, and finally Double Potions," Harry said

"Me too!" Said Ginny.

"I have Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy, and Double Potions," Ron added.

They were interrupted with an announcement. "Students, Students," McGonagall said as the sorting ceremony began. The sorting ended with Slytherin gaining 2 new kids. Gryffindor gained 7.

"As a reminder, no one shall go into the forbidden forest as it is FORBIDDEN" McGonnagal added, looking directly at the Golden Trio.

Then, she made the announcement about Head Boy and Girl. "Can the head students, Ms. Hermione Granger and Mr Draco Malfoy."

Draco walked up to the front of the great hall and was met there by Hermione.

"Now will you both shake hands," McGonnagal ordered.

Draco put out his hand and Hermione hesitated, but still shook his hand.

"Meet me after dinner to discuss some things," MGonnagal told us quietly. Then she made her final announcement: "Now you shall begin the feast"

Hermione returned to her seat and Ron was fuming. He didn't like the fact that Malfoy and Hermione were sharing a common room.

"Ronald Weasely why do you care, I'm not even with you anymore!" Hermione screamed and left the great hall. Draco Malfoy followed and Hermione turned to look at him. "Leave me alone!"

She then turned to walk away but he grabbed her wrist and turned her around. "We should go to Mcgonagall's office' he said as he lets go of Hermione's wrist. He starts walking in the direction of the office and she catches up with him.

"Malfoy?" Hermione asked.

'Yes Hermione what is it you need?" Draco responded, to which Hermione responded with a quiet gasp. "What's wrong?" he asks, stopping in his tracks.

"Nothing it's just you called me by my name." She responded, replaying her name on his lips in her head.

"Well, I thought we shall be civil since we are living together. Can we start this over again?"

"Uh yes okay Draco"

"Do you know the password?"

"Peppermint, " Hermione say as they were McGonagall's favorite muggle candy.

They walked up the winding staircase and knocked on the door.

"Headmistress?"

"Come in"

They walked in and sat across from her desk.

"Now, you will be sharing a common room on the seventh-floor corridor. It is guarded by a portrait of Severus Snape. The password can be anything on which you decide together. Now to start, the password is 'green apple'. If there are any difficulties, let me know. I expect that you two will get along."

"Yes headmistress," they replied in harmony.

"Off you go"

They exited the room and as they were descending the stairs, Hermione lost her footings and tripped.

"Hermione!" Draco exclaimed as he caught her.

"Thanks, Draco"

"It's fine, I didn't know you'd be falling for me already."

"Haha" Hermione said with sarcasm filling her voice as she speedily walked away, cursing her clumsiness.

"Mione!" Wait up"

"What did you just call me?"

"I called you Mione, it is your name right?"

"Yeah but only my friends call me that."

"Am I not your friend?'

"Not really but if your gonna call me Mione, I'm going to call you Drake"

'How'd you know that's my nickname?"

"When I was little, I had a friend that I called that because his name was too hard"

"Well did you meet him at a playground in Chesire?"

"Yeah, the one near my house"

"Yeah that was..."
--------------

A/N

Sorry for the cliffhanger on my first chapter! I just felt that a cliffie was needed. Just some reads and a couple votes will do for this chapter.

Who do you think Hermione's childhood friend is?

Leave a comment to let me know what you think.