Chapter 12 - Embracing It

I woke up the next morning with a grin on my face. Evan slept on the couch but I know it was only a temporary kind of thing. After all, I'm the guest, I should be the one sleeping on the couch.

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a couple of times, just to see shirtless Evan in front of his closet. I smiled and closed my eyes again, pretending I was sleeping. A few seconds later I couldn't resist so I opened it again but he was already all dressed up. I moaned and dropped my head on my soft white pillow, calling his attention.

"You're reaching high levels of laziness, I'm impressed" Evan laughed,

"I'm not. I'm just jetlagged" I said in my defence in a childish kind of tone.

"Jetlagged or not, get ready if you need a lift" he chuckled, kissing my forehead, as he soon left me alone in the room.

I got up right away and leaned down on my knees next to my messy luggage, more like a big backpack. I grabbed a grey long sleeve shirt with black marks and stamps on it, dark skinny jeans, and my so-loved black sneakers. I reached the bathroom and took a quick shower. As I walked out, brushed, and blow dried my hair, a delicious smell reached my nose.

I quickly put a little bit of eyeliner around my eyes, red lipstick, and ran into the kitchen.

"I've never smelled anything more delicious" I adored,

"You'll get used to it" Evan smiled, with a pan of bacon in his hands.

He soon served us and sat in the chair in front of me around a tiny squared wooden table with a dark green cloth on it.

"When did you decide you wanted to be an actor?" I suddenly asked, taking a sip from a glass of fresh orange juice.

"I don't know. I mean, I've always thought it was cool, you know, being somebody else"

"I have no idea of what I wanna do in my life" I sighed, helplessly.

"You're a writer. Why don't you work on that?" he asked with food still in his mouth, I laughed.

"I don't know. It's not even a real job"

"It actually is a real job" he smiled.

I helped Evan cleaning up the table and washing the dishes, so we were both ready to leave on time. The car clock said 8am, I sofly smiled. I used to wake up at 10.30am in mornings, since I didn't really have something to do. I've always felt like my life was empty and deadly depressing but I didn't know where to start to make it how I wanted it to be. I wanted to move out, that's true, but didn't have enough money for the flight, expansive hotels and bills.

"What's your stop, ma'am?" Evan asked with a sophisticated and goofy tone.

"Sunset Boulevard" I laughed, "You can stop at 8000 Sunset"

"How do you know about 8000 Sunset?" he chuckled,

"I know a lot more, Mr. I'm-from-here-and-I-know-things-you-don't-know" I smirked with a big grin.

"That's a hell of a nickname" he laughed loudly.

***