Born For This

Chapter Two

She lied on her back on the hard cold floor, feeling all the movement within the house

She lied on her back on the hard cold floor, feeling all the movement within the house. The many footsteps that shifted the house as people walked. She meditated lying on the ground. She could feel who was in what room.

Luther was in his room, an unfocused gaze at his childish room. His torn clothes now fully exposing his arms. Something had happened to him while Hex was gone, and she wasn't too keen on finding out any time soon.

Diego has sat in the study with his feet propped up on the coffee table. He counted his knives with his spare time. He sat over the fire making himself seem more like a psychopath as he played with the blade.

Klaus, who was in the kitchen with his brother, Number Five, and his sister Allison, sat in his chair. His knees to his chest, he felt the world shake beneath his feet. He was high— as always.

Allison, hadn't been in the kitchen long, but walked into see her brother with a vacant stare.

Five had searched for something caffeinated, he looked urgently in the cabinets not seeming to find what he had wanted. But then again, Hargreeves hated any of the children to ever have caffeine. If only he had seen them now.

Fighting over his death. Refusing to talk to each one another. Five was back, and he seemed to be the only one who was in a hurry for something.

Hex breathed slow almost peering in the conversation as the three fussed over their normal sister.

Vanya. The only one Hex seemed to understand.

Hex had worked better alone, and even if Vanya had no other choice, she respected her for pulling it off. Writing a book about her siblings and father was pretty ballsy. Surprisingly, Vanya had ceased to write any about Hex. But then again, she wasn't family. She wasn't as lucky as the rest.

She had lived off the street, she found shelter when she could, and ate when anything was available.

Sitting back up, Hex turned to the window.

Klaus was now hitching a ride with his brother Diego, which meant it was time for her to run. If Diego knew she was still here, he would kill her then and there, and asked questions later.

She pushed her hair behind her ears and opened the window, throwing a leg out.

She heard someone click their tongue as she looked back. Stopping she groaned and looked to the door frame to see an old friend.

"The front door is always an option Miss Theodora," Pogo the house butler who was also an old chimp, stood at the door. His lips turned down as she sighed and placed her leg back in the room.