Poor Judgement

I hugged myself as I waited for a cab. There seemed to have sudden disinterest in carrying a poor girl home. The constant sound of horns was making me more impatient to get out and be in my comfortable bed with my nice book and no sound.

After internal deliberations, I thought of walking around the next corner. I hoped to find a cab there. The wind gushed through my hair as I walked. Few meters ahead, I heard footsteps behind me, almost matching my rhythm. My senses suddenly focused on the sound.

I gulped nervously, as I realized that the street lights were not bright enough to witness if something happens. The main busy street was buzzing with cars passing by. But there was no sight of human being, walking or standing anywhere. I remembered my training, the moves and the kicks that would cause enough injury to the prowler or probably prowlers.

Breathe in... Breathe out...

Ten feet, judging by the sound. I was too afraid to turn around.

Breathe in... Breathe out...

Seven feet...

In another three second I draw a deep breath, and just as I felt a touch on my shoulder, my right hand automatically moved to grab the hand. With concentrating all my energy on the hand, I grabbed and twisted it with all might.

"Ahhh..."

The opponent was taken by surprise by then. I took a chance and kicked him on his calf, but missed and hit on his thighs. The man whimpered, going down on his knees, his back facing me. That was my safe window, I landed a blow on his nape. My hand was hurt in response. Damn his taut muscles!

"What the hell! It's me. Stop hurting me you crazy girl," Sid's yell disappeared in the noise on the street. He whimpered on his knees, gasping for breath.

The other two men, who were apparently some passer-by's, were dumbstruck.

"What are you looking at?" I bellowed. "Never seen a girl beating a man before!" That had them hurriedly walking past us.

"Sorry!" I whispered drawing my hands to my mouth. "Let me," I offered him my hand to pull him up.

Slowly muttering to himself, he took my hand and stood up, still recovering from my heavy blow.

"You are one crazy, crazy but strong girl," he croaked. "Where did you learn all that? You would have knocked the daylight out of me."

"Just practicing kickboxing. It's been few mon-" I stopped short as he again closed his eyes and winced. "Let me take you to my apartment. You need to put some ice on that."

His eyes snapped open, still clutching my shoulder for support. "You are going to help me." Oh yes, it was a question more than a gratitude.

I nodded, feeling bad for him.

"Well, if you don't mind, my apartment is nearer than yours. You can help me out," he suggested still clutching the back of his neck.

"Fine. But where is your car?" I queried and looked behind me. His blue Audi was not in sight. "By the way, why were you following me?"

Finally, I registered that the man had already left with such an attitude that I failed to imagine the reason for him to follow me, on his two feet.

"My car, well it was not starting. I already called my driver to pick it up. So I thought of hailing a cab, that time I saw you walking ahead of me, probably doing the same thing as I was." He explained rather in rush. We whistled and the cab is speeding past us, stopped abruptly few meters ahead.

"After you," he spoke.

I hopped in and he followed. "Nariman Point." he addressed to the driver and the car zoomed ahead.

As we travelled wordlessly on the smooth road, I checked my watch. It was already past twelve. How was I going to get home? I didn't fancy on asking him to drop me, nor could I ask Tanya. There was still a possibility that Kush could be free. How much longer his meeting with Disha would last? Poor guy. I sighed remembering Kush's tragedy.

"It's just round the corner," he told the driver, who obeyed and stopped at the high rise apartment tower.

I started to pay the driver, but his hand touched mine in protest. He gave out a hundred rupee note and got out, still limping a little.

Silently I followed him to the lobby. It was spectacular granitite interiors with golden lights reflecting from every surface. He walked into the elevator, signalling me to join. I hesitated as there was growing sense of nervousness inside me.

He pressed for the top floor and punched some code on the touch screen. In record time, the lift opened into his apartment. Should it be called as an apartment? It was a definitely an understatement. I held my breath, as I realized the volume of the living room in front of me. It was vast, with floor length windows and an elegant near glass stairway to the upper floor. In the background he was moaning with every step, and finally settled on the longest sofa I ever witnessed in my life. It was too white. How could one can manage it to be so white?

I sighed and went to the kitchen counter in another corner of the living room. I opened the life-sized refrigerator and removed two ice packs. He laid on his back on the sofa with his eyes closed.

I was glad of the face that I could see his profile without him knowing so. I could only mutter to myself, 'God must been crazy! Such a handsome face with no compassion. Pity!' My gaze travelled to his neck, then the chest which rose and fell slowly with his rhythmic breath. I could know that he worked hard, as I calculated the size of his chest muscles and biceps in my mind, gulping the lump in my throat. And then there was a nice fitting jeans with bare feet. How can it look so sexy? It's man's feet for crying out loud.

Suddenly he cleared his throat bringing me back to the mother earth. "Done checking me out?" he smirked and lifted his head, supporting himself on his elbows.

I looked away and then to the ice packs. Instantly, I offered him the packs.

"You are supposed to help me get better." He moved himself in the sitting position.

I sighed and sat beside him. Tentatively, I kept one ice pack on his neck and held it. He flinched in response. "I still can't understand how could such a powerful blow comes from a girl like you. I mean you are taller than average women. My guess is 5'9. But the strength was massive."

I let out a chuckle. "Don't judge a book by his cover. There is more to me than your arrogant-self perceive me as."

I moved the other ice pack to his thighs, letting it rest. There was a small part where my hand touched his thigh. He closed his eyes, breathing in. I would not know the real reason. But I understood when the greatest of novels described the touch, the connection and the chemistry. Somehow I was feeling my senses coming alive, the mere touch of somebody was making my breath quick.

And it reached its peak when I felt his hand on mine. The butterflies in my stomach made me feel weird inside. Goosebumps appeared on my arms instantly. I inhaled as I witnessed the same feelings mirrored in this cool grey eyes.

**Hey gals and Guys.. I hope I have made this interesting for you. Feel free to drop in your views on the plot.  And vote too. It matters! :)**