Epilogue

Well guys, this is it! I really hope you've enjoyed reading this story as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I've really connected with Noah and Lily's characters and I'm sad to see their story coming to an end. But to those of you who have stuck with them, I just want to say a huge thank you and just let you guys know that you're frickin' awesome.

And to those of you who have voted and shizz, you're doubly awesome (I'm not actually sure if doubly is a word, but hey....) Anyway, thank you dudes! And I hope you enjoy this epilogue!

Noah and Lily's song: You make it real for me, by James Morrison (Oh jeez, the feels!)

................................................................

Noah (***8 months later***):

"Is this really necessary?" Lily giggled behind me, holding on to my hand tightly as I guided her through the hallway.

I looked over my shoulder and smiled, despite the fact that she couldn't see me. A blindfold was covering her eyes, but I could still imagine her rolling them at me. "It's definitely necessary," I said. "It wouldn't be a surprise if you took it off now, would it?"

She smiled softly. "I guess not. I'm trusting you here college boy. You better not lead me face first in to a wall, or something."

"Now there's a thought," I laughed.

I glanced over my shoulder when I felt Lily let go of my arm. She stepped forward and whipped her hand out, obviously trying to slap me so I stepped to the side and dodged it easily. I couldn't stop the laughter as she sighed in frustration and placed her hands on her hips.

"I can't see you," she huffed, stating the obvious.

Still laughing, I stepped up to her and took hold of her hand, entwining my fingers with hers and squeezing gently. "I'm here," I whispered, brushing my lips against hers.

She jumped slightly, not expecting the contact but I pulled back. "Sorry, I just felt like kissing you."

"You can always kiss me, college boy."

I pulled her along beside me and I couldn't help but notice Lily shaking her head. But I smiled when I saw the goofy grin on her face. It was the very thing I lived to see, and I had been seeing it for eight glorious months. The best eight months of my life. As we both walked through the dimly lit hallway, my mind travelled back to the very first moment I saw her over a year ago. It was still ingrained in my mind and I had a feeling that I would never forget it.

"Ok, now this may be a problem," I muttered, coming to a stop at the bottom of the stairs. "These'll be tricky for you to walk up without falling flat on your ass."

"What? Is it stairs?" Lily asked, turning to face me despite the fact that she couldn't see me through the blindfold. 

"Yeah, gorgeous. It's stairs," I murmured, scratching my head. After a brief hesitation, I sighed loudly. "Well then, I guess there's only one thing for it..."

"I could take off - "

"I don't think so," I laughed, letting go of her hand and moving behind her quicky.

Putting one arm around her waist and behind her knees, I scooped her against my chest. She cried out in surprise, holding on to me as she took a shaky breath. I chuckled softly and leant down, kissing her on the forehead as she angled her head towards me.

"You could have warned me," she smiled, snuggling against my chest.

I started to climb the stairs slowly, trying to ignore aching jolts shooting up my legs. "Now what's the fun in that, gorgeous?" I breathed loudly. "Jeez Lily, you're a lot heavier than you look."