Chapter 35 - Unravelled

This was difficult to write.

Photo: Pete

Song: Noisy Sunday, by Patrick Watson (Couldn't write this chapter without it)

..............................................................

Lily POV:

I slowed down and pulled in to a free parking spot outside the apartment building. The drive had been long, taking almost two days. Noah and I were extremely tired and and we practically had to drag ourselves off the bike. The sun was shining over head and the sidewalk bustled as countless people strode past. Looking up at Noah, I smiled and grabbed the front of his t-shirt, pulling him towards me. He came willingly, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Home sweet home," I whispered, kissing him lightly on the lips. "And all I want to do is get in to the apartment and go to bed."

He cocked his eyebrow at me and smirked, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I'd be more than happy to go to bed with you," he chuckled, reaching up and stroking my bottom lip suggestively. "Maybe we could take a shower first."

I kissed the pad of his thumb and stared up at him, causing him to moan deep in his throat. "You've got sex on the brain," I whispered, smiling as he nodded at me. "But sorry to disappoint you college boy. I actually meant go to bed as in sleep."

He leant down and nibbled my earlobe gently. I could feel the heat spreading across my cheeks as he trailed kisses down my neck. My breathing got faster and I knew that Noah could feel it. He pulled back slightly and placed a hand over my heart. "I would never be disappointed to lie down with you," he murmured, his breath fanning my lips as he spoke, his face barely an inch from mine. "Dreaming isn't the same without you."

I bit my lip and looked in to his deep blue eyes. Everything he said to me made me fall in love with him even more, something I didn't think was possible. My heart ached when I was in his arms, and when I wasn't. It was something completely new to me, and I didn't ever want it to go away. "What kind of things do you dream about?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck and threading my hands through his hair.

"Lots of things," he said, pulling me closer so I was pressed against him. "Mainly you. Like where we'll be in ten years. Or fifty."

"And where do you see us?" I whispered, afraid of the answer.

"I don't know," he said honestly, tilitng my chin up when I looked down at the floor, a little sad at his answer. "But I know we'll be together, you and me. Who knows, maybe when we're both ninety we'll be sitting out on our porch in our rocking chairs."

I laughed softly as he smiled at me and kissed me on the tip of my nose. "That doesn't sound so bad," I smiled. "In fact, it sounds wonderful."

"Good," he said, dropping his arms from around my waist and stepping back. Whenever I felt the loss of his body heat, I was surprised at how much my body craved him, even if he was only standing a few feet away like he was then. "Because that's what's going to happen Lily. You and me. Always."

He smiled at me and started backing away from the bike, aiming for the sidewalk still bustling with people. I frowned as he stepped on to the curb and winked at me. "Where're you going?" I asked, thinking we had agreed to go straight to the apartment and unpack so we could spend the rest of the day relaxing from the drive.

"I'm going to cook us dinner tonight!" He grinned, shoving his hands in his pockets as he rocked back on forth on the balls of his feet, looking extremely happy with himself. "And who knows, maybe my beautiful girlfriend will say thank you in a variety of ways....and positions."