Chapter 4: A new day

Start from the beginning

''This can't be considered having breakfast. Here sit down and eat whatever you like.'' I said and made him sit to the table.

 ''A cup of coffee will do just fine.'' Alexander said trying to avoid eating.

''No. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You should eat at least something before leaving.'' I said sweetly.

Nadia and David always said that when I ask something sweetly, I make an innocent face that nobody have the heart to say no to me. 

''Alright. I'll have the omelet, but nothing more. Just stop doing that face.'' Alexander said defeated.

''I'm okay with that. What face?'' I asked innocently as I put the omelet in his plate.

''You are doing again. That innocent face to which nobody can say no.''

''I didn't know that.'' I lied.

''Yeah, right. What does this omelet have in it?'' he asked.

''Green and red pepper, onions and a little cheese above. Do you like it?''

''It's good.''

I made my cereals and sat next to Alexander.

''So, did you sleep well?'' Alexander asked after some time.

''Yes. The bed was quite comfy.'' I said.

''I'm glad. What time are you going to the café?'' 

''At eight thirty. I go early so that I can help a little David at the kitchen.''

''Who's David? You've mentioned him before.''

Alexander's eyes became darker and I think I saw jealousy in them, but maybe I was mistaken.

''A friend of mine. More like a father to me actually.'' I said.

It seemed that Alexander wanted to say something but the doorbell rang.

''I'll go.'' I said and stood up.

''It's probably Ashton and Jake. The bodyguards I hired a couple of weeks ago. One of them from now on will be with you.'' Alexander said.

I went to the door and opened it. In front of me stood two tall and muscular men.

''Good morning.'' I said.

''Good morning, miss White. I'm Ashton and this is Jake.'' the left one said.

Ashton was about 6' 1'' and well built. He had green eyes and brown hair. Jake was the same with the only exception that he had brown eyes and black hair. He had also one small scar above his left eyebrow.

''Well, come in.'' I said.

They walked in and I closed the door.

''I suppose you didn't have any breakfast yet.'' I said as we went in the kitchen.

''I had a cup of coffee.'' Ashton said.

''Me, too.'' Jake said.

''What's with that? Only drinking coffee. Now you'll eat something. I made breakfast.'' I said and made them sit at the table.

''Good morning, boss.'' Ashton said.

''Good morning, Mr. Alexander.'' Jake said.

''Hello, Ashton, Jake.'' Alexander said before he took a bite  of his omelet.

When the guys saw him doing that, their eyes widened.

''Boss, you're eating? Maria always tried to make you eat something before going to work.'' Ashton said.