Rest

"So what happened while I was unconscious?" Merlin asked, changing the subject of the conversation slightly.

"Not much really. The dragon-"

"Kilgharrah" Merlin interrupted.

"As I was saying Kilgharrah set fire to the trees, we fired arrows at them and Kilgharrah healed you kind of. Oh and Mordred got injured."

"What do you mean by kind of?" Merlin asked, tilting his head to one side.

"Just that when we woke the next day he was gone, you were unconscious and we took you back to Gaius. He used these weird herbs" Arthur said and he looked around as he tried to find them. He thought it was best to not tell Merlin about his strange behaviour and perhaps he would when the time was right.

"I wonder why the dragon's magic wasn't enough for my wounds" Merlin muttered thoughtfully. "Well I'm better now" Merlin said cheerily and got straight out of bed.

"Hold on, Gaius told me to make sure you had plenty of rest."

"Look at me" Merlin said and he spun around, "I'm fine."

"Rest" Arthur commanded, "listen to your King."

"You know I never do" Merlin grinned.

"You can be such a clotpole at times, especially now that I know you're supposed to be the greatest sorcerer ever to have walked the earth."

"I'll take that as I compliment, you dollophead."

Soon after, Arthur left Merlin alone to rest and he headed to his chambers to find Gwen. Merlin lay back down in bed and thought he should make the most of having the day off. He felt much better than the day before and the weakness he felt in the battle was just a faded memory. He sighed happily and made himself comfortable until something creaked in the room and he opened his eyes to see Morgana standing there!